IGNORED

AI - The artificial intelligence thread

YO303

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We introduce VASA, a framework for generating lifelike talking faces with appealing visual affective skills (VAS) given a single static image and a speech audio clip. Our premiere model, VASA-1, is capable of not only producing lip movements that are exquisitely synchronized with the audio, but also capturing a large spectrum of facial nuances and natural head motions that contribute to the perception of authenticity and liveliness."

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/vasa-1/

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Facepalm 1

Images_and_video_in_a_flash.gif

https://www.meta.ai/

The goal is for Meta AI to be “the most intelligent AI assistant that people can freely use across the world. With Llama 3, we basically feel like we’re there.”  Mark Zuckerberg

1 hour ago, logakght said:

I'm starting to hate anything AI.

whoever made the mona lisa rap should lose a finger

• Like 1

Just now, ignatius said:

whoever made the mona lisa rap should lose a finger

I don't get the joke but hopefully the finger gets lost!

16 minutes ago, logakght said:

I don't get the joke but hopefully the finger gets lost!

there's no joke. the person who made that happen should be punished somehow.. something appropriate. it's awful.

i don't want to see everything get ruined because "we can".  there's no sacred cows but for fuck's sake spare us all this endless horseshit of nonsense novelties. 

6 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

Use DuckDuckGo on Firefox with some form of ad blocking because fuck giving google even more of your data.

• Like 4

not an easy read.

Disablism, racism and the spectre of eugenics in digital welfare

This article contributes to and expands the existing body of literature on the significant rise of data analytics and ADM systems in welfare, focusing on how automated governance, while not explicitly eugenic, perpetuates similar discriminatory practices, unequal power dynamics, and exclusionary outcomes. It does so by exploring how the normalisation of data practices within these systems creates conditions inhospitable to disabled people and their lifeworlds.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/14407833241244828

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Use DuckDuckGo on Firefox with some form of ad blocking because fuck giving google even more of your data.

Use Kagi. 100 search requests are free then it costs 5 bucks a month but the search results are so much better than google as they block all these seo spam blogs google has on top of their results most of the time. You can also block certain domains from the results 

https://kagi.com

the results on DuckDuckGo always where subpar to google. Kagi is actually better then google

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, o00o said:

the results on DuckDuckGo always where subpar to google

I never found that to be true. And paying to search is completely against the open and free principles the internet was founded on.

8 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I never found that to be true. And paying to search is completely against the open and free principles the internet was founded on.

I pay for Kagi and honestly I prefer doing that rather than using pop Bing and Shit GOOGLE.

• Like 1

I believe Kagi is more for academic¡/internet, it does searches deeply in many obscure websites. Also, Ive made that the first search result for me to be anything from Archive.org, which is superb.

I've found rarer RDJ photos.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

sometimes there's a trade.. principles aren't free.. hence advertising and incoming Ai enshitification.. whereas paying $5 a month seems to get rid of the commercialization SEO adfuckery aspect of it all.. so.. perhaps the principles are maintained.. for $5 a month.

Edited by ignatius

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

sometimes there's a trade.. principles aren't free.. hence advertising and incoming Ai enshitification.. whereas paying $5 a month seems to get rid of the commercialization SEO adfuckery aspect of it all.. so.. perhaps the principles are maintained.. for $5 a month.

ublock origin, firefox and duckduckgo (duckduckgo does not call on Google search results) get rid of SEO adfuckery. All free.

$5 a month now...oh and looking at their wikipedia page, huh how about that - a tiered business model

• Like 1

You can use DuckDuckGo or even google for the unimportant queries and leave kagi for the more advanced ones then you will never pass the 100 free search queries. I am currently paying for it and it’s really worth it. Also regarding free internet principles: google is not free you are paying with your data

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

ublock origin, firefox and duckduckgo (duckduckgo does not call on Google search results) get rid of SEO adfuckery. All free.

$5 a month now...oh and looking at their wikipedia page, huh how about that - a tiered business model

I typically use DuckDuckGo. Sometimes I use google. Once I scroll down passed the ads the results seem better than DuckDuckGo sometimes. Usually I go to google when I’m frustrated. But sometimes google frustrates as well and I go back to DuckDuckGo. I’ve not looked at kagi. Typically I’m going to the same sites all the time or typing in a website with a guess. Or asking a question with a couple key words. I use Adblock. It’s fine. 
I hate Firefox. I used it some back in the day and after a while it shit the bed routinely.  Typically I use safari and once in a while chrome when safari is being dumb which is usually when I need to input stuff into a form. 
regarding the free principles the internet was founded on. I was trying to make a point that those principles were murder long ago for the most part. 

Edited by ignatius

58 minutes ago, ignatius said:

I typically use DuckDuckGo. Sometimes I use google. Once I scroll down passed the ads the results seem better than DuckDuckGo sometimes. Usually I go to google when I’m frustrated. But sometimes google frustrates as well and I go back to DuckDuckGo. I’ve not looked at kagi. Typically I’m going to the same sites all the time or typing in a website with a guess. Or asking a question with a couple key words. I use Adblock. It’s fine.

Google is somehow more aware what I'm trying to find sometimes, like it apparently uses my geolocation for ranking the results. This can be either good or bad depending on what I'm trying to find. So I keep switching between DDG and Google when needed. Bing.. Bing is weird. And now it's pushing Copilot way too hard. I just want the fucking search results not some chatbot. It's just a mess at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o00o said:

The seo spam is in the results how does ublock help against that

That’s where DuckDuckGo comes in. SEO is usually optimized for Google. DDG doesn’t draw from Google search results. Ublock also works against ads when using Google. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

I hate Firefox. I used it some back in the day and after a while it shit the bed routinely.  Typically I use safari and once in a while chrome when safari is being dumb which is usually when I need to input stuff into a form. 

Give Firefox a try again if you haven’t used it in a while. It’s way more solid these days. I use safari occasionally and very rarely Opera. If I could migrate away from Gmail I would for sure. But fuck knows how many things I’ve signed up for with either of my Gmail accounts. 

1 hour ago, o00o said:

. Also regarding free internet principles: google is not free you are paying with your data

Right that’s why I don’t use it. 

• Like 1

I did a vanity search with Bing Copilot and apparently I'm an engineer (true) and a racing enthusiast (wtf?)

I'm spending much too much time on Reddit and Facebook "fighting" with people who don't seem to understand that music and art are not just pretty things to enjoy but the results of others' desires to communicate or convey something. I keep telling myself that I'm just going to ignore AI-related posts and that anyone who doesn't get it or doesn't feel similarly to how I feel isn't going to have an epiphany based on what some internet stranger has to say. But the Udio-bolstered uptick in interest / sharing is difficult to let slide.

• Like 1