peace 7

I'm unable to work out my schedule. Hlp pls. This is my plan:

1. Being a good partner

2. Being a good dad

3. Travel the lands

4. Being a good iddem

5. Bringing nuff monies

6. Being a good co-worker

7.Watching films, going to concerts, arts, exhibitions and such for teh inspirations.

8. Vidon gaens

9. No vattern

Current schedule is

1. Trying my best to be a good person.

2. Making monies

3. Procrastination/vattern/vidon gaens

4. Feeling burnt out

Honestly, this thread couldn't have come in a better time for me. Currently adjusting to my first full time job, 40-50 hours a week. Really trying hard not to burn out. Feels so nice to relax at home for those last few hours of the day before bed but I feel like i should be doing something creative. Any advice? Just plow through the exhaustion? 

Congrats on the job!  Yah, I find that exhaustion is kiiind of genre-oriented, in that some activities seem to actually give energy as opposed to taking it (like watching comedy can be pretty uplifting).  If your job is totally different than the creative stuff you do at home, that's great.  Back in the day, I definitely used to get burnt out doing textile design and then coming home and doing personal art (both things require looking at the screen, using a tablet, and using Photoshop), so I mixed it up by coming home and making music, which was a great contrast.

But yah, overall- if you schedule your nights after work (and time before work), you'd be surprised how much time you actually have; how much you can actually accomplish.  For years I thought I needed looong consecutive hours to get anything done, but it's actually just the hours themselves that are required.  You can literally have a second career based on activities you do on your "free time".

Honestly, this thread couldn't have come in a better time for me. Currently adjusting to my first full time job, 40-50 hours a week. Really trying hard not to burn out. Feels so nice to relax at home for those last few hours of the day before bed but I feel like i should be doing something creative. Any advice? Just plow through the exhaustion? 

Take advantage of whatever breaks and downtime you get, then work as focused and steadily as you can otherwise so you can completely break away from it mentally once you clock out. Like we get 20 minutes of "wellness breaks" and I'm bad about forgetting we have those but when I take them they are great. Work next to a neighborhood so it's a pleasant way to just relax.

If you can listen to music. I listen to so much at my office job, it's a nice trade-off from the role I had working outside.

I work my ass off now but I used to work at a job where was very consistent hours and minimal incentive to go faster or more efficient. I ended up having a lot of "dick around" time (note my post count lol) while still getting my tasks done. This actually became more depressing and lame after awhile though TBH. It's that Office Space phenomenon:

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Is it hourly or salary? I've been working OT a lot so I often work extra hour or two by getting there early or work through lunch so I can rack up hours but maximize my weekend.

I'm unable to work out my schedule. Hlp pls. This is my plan:

1. Being a good partner

2. Being a good dad

3. Travel the lands

4. Being a good iddem

5. Bringing nuff monies

6. Being a good co-worker

7.Watching films, going to concerts, arts, exhibitions and such for teh inspirations.

8. Vidon gaens

9. No vattern

Current schedule is

1. Trying my best to be a good person.

2. Making monies

3. Procrastination/vattern/vidon gaens

4. Feeling burnt out

Same here. Keep on keepin' on.

Yesterday I put down my phone or went AFK anytime and did something around the house or outside. Actually became pretty productive. 

Weekday: Hate everything.

Weekend: Try and forget hating everything.

lol yep.

My schedule is basically

1) do self-destructive behaviors until I get paranoid that I'm ruining my life

2) do mildly productive thing to feel better about myself

3) repeat

Take advantage of whatever breaks and downtime you get, then work as focused and steadily as you can otherwise so you can completely break away from it mentally once you clock out. Like we get 20 minutes of "wellness breaks" and I'm bad about forgetting we have those but when I take them they are great. Work next to a neighborhood so it's a pleasant way to just relax.

If you can listen to music. I listen to so much at my office job, it's a nice trade-off from the role I had working outside.

I work my ass off now but I used to work at a job where was very consistent hours and minimal incentive to go faster or more efficient. I ended up having a lot of "dick around" time (note my post count lol) while still getting my tasks done. This actually became more depressing and lame after awhile though TBH. It's that Office Space phenomenon:

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Is it hourly or salary? I've been working OT a lot so I often work extra hour or two by getting there early or work through lunch so I can rack up hours but maximize my weekend.

Thanks for the advice. Its hourly but the problem is its one of those jobs where you leave when you're done and theirs always an insane amount of shit that needs to be done. At least 1 hour of OT is standard, a lot of times I do 10-11 hour days

Honest advice from my experience (therefore maybe not applicable to everyone, but-) don't plow through. I've been plowing because nothing else comes to mind but smoke a blunt and occupy a couch. But the acidic shit from accumulated stress and responsibility about tomorrow get to you on the long run. Physical activity after work is what works for me now. Never going back. Mental/emotional exhaustion are different from a physical exhaustion. It's nerve-based. Sweat that shit out, it's like a reset button.

Honest advice from my experience (therefore maybe not applicable to everyone, but-) don't plow through. I've been plowing because nothing else comes to mind but smoke a blunt and occupy a couch. But the acidic shit from accumulated stress and responsibility about tomorrow get to you on the long run. Physical activity after work is what works for me now. Never going back. Mental/emotional exhaustion are different from a physical exhaustion. It's nerve-based. Sweat that shit out, it's like a reset button.

Excellent advice.  Seems counter intuitive, but: Moving the body begets energy.

I wake up at 4-5, listen to music, make the food box for the day and get ready without having to stress like a maniac, go to my course from 7 until 3, gym for 2 hours and get home around half past 6. I am utterly knackered as early as 7-8 and am definitely asleep before ten. Strangely this is the happiest I've been in a long time, I have enough energy for the important bits and don't dither with pointless stuff. I sleep extraordinarily well, which has been an impossibility for large periods of my life.

I wake up at 4-5, listen to music, make the food box for the day and get ready without having to stress like a maniac, go to my course from 7 until 3, gym for 2 hours and get home around half past 6. I am utterly knackered as early as 7-8 and am definitely asleep before ten. Strangely this is the happiest I've been in a long time, I have enough energy for the important bits and don't dither with pointless stuff. I sleep extraordinarily well, which has been an impossibility for large periods of my life.

Amazing.  I've been doing a lot of life training with waking up in the morning, and it's quite difficult ("night owl" or whatever).  Today I woke up naturally at 6:30AM after less than 3 hours of sleep, feeling pretty awake, but of course, I went back to sleep.  Woke up after 9 feeling pretty groggy.  Circadian rhythms be a biznatch.  You'd think that with more than 20 years of making electronic music that I'd know more about how to flow with morning rhythm...  Different genre, I suppose.

~ L I F E ~ R I D D I M Z ~

Sleep schedules are a crazy thing, and I've been working on re-programming my brain to not feel like any time is "too early"; especially when that's the time that I could be eating breakfast or noodling on guitar or something.  Other parts of my life have much improved scheduling compared to 5 years ago, but my mornings still need a lot of improvement.

Getting good sleep is one of the highest forms of respect we can show ourselves.

Archived