IGNORED

his 001 edition synthi

marf

He's taking all the fun out of stalking I'll give him that. I barely even read his messages on Soundcloud, but he mentions he has the first synthi A mk1 or early edition, but this pic

shows a presto patch which is CLEARLY an mkII edition. 

http://images.equipboard.com/uploads/source/image/5104/o1fGByB.jpg?v=1401828538

There, I feel better

I would have never suspected that the guy who owns three Korg PS-3300's would own more than one of the same type of synth

This, basically. I wouldn't be surprised if he owns most every Synthi, especially since he loves the EMS sound so much.

mk1's didn't have presto patches. 

I dunno about his finances. but he got really rich post drukqs. He couldn't afford the ps-3300 in the 90's then all of a sudden he's a millionaire. He didn't play that many shows post 2000 did he? Never put out albums other than aliases. It makes no sense

Come to Daddy? Windowlicker? 26MFC? Licensing/royalties? Owning a label?

Nice bits of income there.

That's all late-90's, early 00's, and he's said himself the label barely made money.

Do we know for certain when the pic in question was taken? My feeling is mid-90's

I could be waaaay off in my remembering of history but I seem to remember reading that analogue synths really fell out of favour in the late 80s/early 90s where musicians were embracing the newfangled digital era. As a result the price of analogue gear crashed for a few years as no one wanted that weird bulky stuff that went out of tune and only had one note polyphony etc ....

Let me give you some hints: lives in a bank vault, anaLORD, mike and RICH, drives a tank, life after Drukqs.

I could be waaaay off in my remembering of history but I seem to remember reading that analogue synths really fell out of favour in the late 80s/early 90s where musicians were embracing the newfangled digital era. As a result the price of analogue gear crashed for a few years as no one wanted that weird bulky stuff that went out of tune and only had one note polyphony etc ....

The low point was 1989, that's when the popularity of Acid House made people realise the lushness of analog synths again.

http://www.synthgear.com/2010/synthesizers/vintage-synth-prices

moog_modular_price.jpg

My theory has been that because they were so cheap they fell into the hands of those that couldn't afford all the digital stuff (bar an Atari ST) and thus inadvertently brought the analogueness back into the dance world again that was previously only used by the prog/psych/kraut rock types of the 70s/early 80s

I have a hunch he made most of his money from the piano tracks off drukqs, 

but yeah, gear in the early 90's, especially the analog stuff was dirt cheap. I traded a kurzweil k2000 for a jupiter-8, 606 and ms-20 to a guy in LA . I sent all that good analog shit back to him cause the K2000 didnt have the sampling card. Regrets? Ive had a few. This was 93. synthis were going for about 2k

You can see on the AH forum in the early 90's a buchla easel for sale for $500. They went up to 30k in the mid 2000's 

The internet changed everything. 

Archived