05. Jacktrak 04:26

06. Tactile

07. Bedrock

08. Mashdown

09. Seconds Too Soon

10. The Outlook Is Bleak

https://ekoplekz.bandcamp.com/album/cassettera

http://planet.mu/releases/cassettera/

Planet Mu are releasing two special limited edition cassette tapes for Christmas 2017, one by Claude Speeed and this one by Ekoplekz. As the title suggests, Cassettera assembles a further 10 tracks from the same sessions as Ekoplekz's recent Bioprodukt album, to be released as a cassette & also digitally.

The beats are still to the fore, even incorporating elements of techno and house, but the mood is darker, with a heavier emphasis on noise and drone textures resulting in a more uneasy listen. This greyscale outlook is reflected in the monochrome variation on Bioprodukt's sleeve art. 'Bass 2 Dank' and 'Jacktrak' apply solid kicks and grooves for moody dancefloors, whilst 'Formative' and 'The Imperitive' combine convoluted percussion and cloying sub-bass with eerie atmospherics. 'Tactile' and 'Nitrate Abuse' offer minimal user-unfriendly experimental textures and the set ends with the extended grinding dread of 'The Outlook Is Bleak'.

dqd8jDL.jpg

70pnTGH.jpg

• 1 month later...

Every time i listen to this release i seem to picture something called slugterra...

The thing is i had never heard of this being an actual cartoon...

Weird or what???

Good release from Ekoplekz...

Shit cartoon from whomever...

This is fucking ace and nothing like Bioprodukt. Don't let Bioprodukt be a guide to how you think this music will sound - if these tracks were indeed formed from the same sessions then it was a pretty bipolar session.

Dark, droney noodling sounds with clicky drums and bleepy synth parts combine to form an overall intense immersive trip.

Archived