IGNORED

Come to Daddy is 20 Years Old

Rubin Farr

A1 = 6th October 1997

A2 = (today)

A3 =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,A2,"md") & " days"

Whoever said "today" was the anniversary?  2017-1997 = 20

or sumthin like that

Come to Daddy - I have it in mind as part of the RDJ vs. Prodigy dick contest. Don't remember why. I think he kinda caricates The Prodigy and they did a RDJ spinoff in return. Or before...

Loved it. Best album art. Also that remix was a milestone (the one with "you've got so many machines, Richard" - is his mom still alive?) - that applause in the end: Gold.

Need an updated sample of his mom seeing all his machines in his 5+ studios

^this

^this

I guess it goes like "You've got sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many machines, Richard"

essential personal profound music experience which made me eager to change my perception of what music could sound like.

edit: first time I listened to the extra warpnet tracks as intended in album form, which makes more sense now ;)

28 organ @ 4min46sec is just so perfect

Edited by Test Fforet

• 4 years later...

“I was certainly influenced by the look of Nosferatu and I was influenced by another musician, Aphex Twin, and he’s got an incredible video called ‘Come to Daddy,’ there’s a character in that that Taika and I both enjoyed and he was my reference, even though perhaps the children would have run to the exits screaming had we fully embraced that,” Bale explained.

In addition to Aphex Twin, Bale previously shared he and Waititi also looked to another musician for inspiration during production: Kate Bush. Although Bale said the sequence was ultimately cut, he said he and Waititi had initially worked on a scene inspired by the English pop auteur’s music.

Christian Bale and Taika Waititi mention Come To Daddy as an inspiration for Bale's Gorr the God Butcher in Thor: Love and Thunder.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, phudoshin said:

BUT THIS video!

that's a nice video, trippy as hell.

I've been playing the vinyl on some recents sets. The best of Richard for me so well produced and mixed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Diurn said:

that's a nice video, trippy as hell.

I've been playing the vinyl on some recents sets. The best of Richard for me so well produced and mixed.

OOh nice - any recordings? Love to hear how you mixed it. I think RDJ's mixing is HIGHLY under-rated  -might do a thread about it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phudoshin said:

OOh nice - any recordings? Love to hear how you mixed it. I think RDJ's mixing is HIGHLY under-rated  -might do a thread about it

Not yet, I usually dj at a local vinyl bars but never thought of recording it. Expect a set in the near future, I feature a lot of warp artists and other experimental electronic acts.

Yes I agree rdj mixes are nuts, at least the 2017 set I attended he totally nailed it.

• Like 1