IGNORED

VRchat

YangYing

https://www.vrchat.net/

so this kinda has blown up on the last days, and i thought it deserved it's own thread..

I remember things like second life etc have been around for a long time.. but i'd say this is the closest it has gotten to the concept becoming a mainstream real thing... a free non-vr needed place to express anything and everything

what is watmms' opinion on it? is anyone down to having a watmm room or meet or somthing? is anyone experienced using it? (im not)

I'm personally really taken by the concept but I have no bloody time to waste tbh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd seen those videos recently and actually assumed it *was* Second Life (which I've not played since wired broadband connections were still the norm), I didn't realise there was this new mess of a thing !

Someone described VRChat as "snorting memes" and I have never wanted VR more in my life. Apparently you can play with mouse and keyboard but I'm not sure it's quite the same.

nah, but it'll have to do.. im really glad u dont need vr.. these kind of spaces need to be able to reach everyone equally to become what it has

AE mixed this with track with Pen Expers beats in their Coachella 99 set, was hoping for some classic IDM vrchat hybrid bliss

yea man let's teach these wimps the meaning of gantz graf

does watmm know da wey?

this shit reminds me of an evolved version of the old palace chat hangouts? anyone remember those? also similar to 2nd life... it does seem like it'd be fun to troll on but there doesnt seem to be mac support...

pwrmchat.gif

goddamn this looks OTT. you guys keep delving deeper into this shit and you're gonna cross barriers, living out the rest of your life in an alternate universe dank memes thread.

what makes this reality any more real than others we create ourselves? :sorcerer:

goddamn this looks OTT. you guys keep delving deeper into this shit and you're gonna cross barriers, living out the rest of your life in an alternate universe dank memes thread.

what makes this reality any more real than others we create ourselves? :sorcerer:

The physical sensations of being kicked in the fucking face or the deep shame of having to go door to door in your neighborhood alerting people to the fact that you're now a level 2 sex offender after indiscriminately running around people's ankles and looking up women's skirts with a fake african accent telling them you want to "show dem da wae". Until some serious strides in haptic feedback are made you're just not going to experience such things as vividly in VRchat.

Archived