IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shit real wtf

YO303

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

nnw43rbvvqjc1.jpeg?width=565&auto=webp&s

Elon and his lovers are such weird fucks. this worship of false power like that is so fucking maniacal & absolutely pathetic.

2 hours ago, Walter Ostanek said:

The day musk bought twatter was the day i stopped ironyposting about fascism making a comeback and realised that it is genuinely happening 

I regret having a kid. I mean, I already did because of climate change. But more now.

Not sure what is worse, losing sleep thinking about my kid dying in near-future fash wars/violence, or thinking about her boiling to death in her own sweat in the coming superhumid heatwaves. I guess the former is theoretically a faster death?

your kid’s the future. the youth of today growing up amidst this are by and large doing far better to see the world for the twisted dark capitalistic hellscape it is in many ways, i have no doubt the generation being born now will see things even more clearly as they age up in the next couple decades as fascism/etc. becomes more stark. i’m a pretty doom and gloom guy about a lot of stuff but the youth right now are seemingly on the right track for the most part. 

the actual climate effects are already starting and hitting some areas hard, the migration/economic/social fallout from this is going to be more apparent to many’s daily lives than the actual physical changes of the planet, at least for quite some time (probably well past your kid’s lifespan). hopefully their generation and the ones after them will have enacted sweeping changes to mitigate and reverse before things get that bad. the planet heals quickly in many cases. 

there’s a lot of hope to have.

Edited by auxien
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

March 1 (Reuters) - Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk has sued ChatGPT-maker OpenAI and its CEO, Sam Altman, saying they abandoned the startup's original mission to develop artificial intelligence for the benefit of humanity and not for profit.

"We expect this will have zero impact on AI development inside or outside of OpenAI, and would chalk it up to Musk seeking to get a slice of equity in a company he effectively founded but in which he holds no stake," said Giuseppe Sette, president and co-founder of market research firm Toggle AI.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/elon-musk-sues-openai-ceo-sam-altman-breach-contract-2024-03-01/

nobody wants equity in grok?

hmmm..  awful way to go.. slowly drowned by a locked up sealed up car after mixing up the gears and backing into a pond.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/09/us-news/angela-chao-made-panicked-call-before-dying-in-completely-submerged-tesla-on-texas-ranch/

0PgTjEo.png

edit: and yeah.. same types of accidents happen in other cars but any chance to shit on elon/tesla... i guess. 

i think teslas should have required reading about what to do in emergency like this one.. the car has some peculiar qualities when it comes to doors and windows and what happens when the computer is submerged and unable to work.  it is possible to kick out the rear windows and there is some kind of mechanism for opening a door when it's not responding but it's a thing that has to be practiced and requires remaining calm and being forceful. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Confused 1

"If moving to Mars costs are, for argument's sake, $100,000, then I think you know, almost anyone can work and save up and eventually have $100,000 and be able to go to Mars if they want. We want to make it available to anyone who wants to go"  - Elon Musk talking about how cheap it is for everyone to go to Mars

• Big Brain 2

4 hours ago, Nebraska said:

"If moving to Mars costs are, for argument's sake, $100,000, then I think you know, almost anyone can work and save up and eventually have $100,000 and be able to go to Mars if they want. We want to make it available to anyone who wants to go"  - Elon Musk talking about how cheap it is for everyone to go to Mars

he needs to mix some mushrooms in to his ketamine treatments.

no one is going to mars for at least 100 years. if ever. if all the stored knowledge is lost after the catastrophe of climate collapse humans will be luck to build any kind of tech.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

teslas killing in similar (higher) numbers than the infamous Ford Pinto. Pinto was recalled i think. basically ford cheaped out on putting a part between the bumper and the gas tank so if a Pinto was rear ended it would catch fire/explode. an inexpensive part.. a piece of metal that shielded the gas tank was added after the recall. but ford knew about it for ages and didn't do a recall. but it was a long time ago and i forget about the details. it's probably more complicated than my memory. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-deaths

Fun Fact: Teslas have killed over twice as many people as the exploding Ford Pinto did at a roughly similar level of sales. the Pinto sold ~3 million units & killed at least 27 people. Tesla is now creeping up on 5 million total vehicles & 95 deaths from battery fires or autopilot crashes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

teslas killing in similar (higher) numbers than the infamous Ford Pinto. Pinto was recalled i think. basically ford cheaped out on putting a part between the bumper and the gas tank so if a Pinto was rear ended it would catch fire/explode. an inexpensive part.. a piece of metal that shielded the gas tank was added after the recall. but ford knew about it for ages and didn't do a recall. but it was a long time ago and i forget about the details. it's probably more complicated than my memory. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-deaths

Fun Fact: Teslas have killed over twice as many people as the exploding Ford Pinto did at a roughly similar level of sales. the Pinto sold ~3 million units & killed at least 27 people. Tesla is now creeping up on 5 million total vehicles & 95 deaths from battery fires or autopilot crashes.

spacer.png

• Like 2