IGNORED

Attraktta - Massive Irretrievable Data Loss (Touched Music)

Artist : Attraktta

Title: Massive Irretrievable Data Loss

Label: Touched Music
Cat no: TM49
Format: CD/Digital
Artwork: Geometric Love
Style: Techno/IDM/Electronica

Release Date: April 20th

Description.
I'm off to Tokyo next week and if there's one thing I always look forward to doing in the sprawling metropolis it's walking around, immersing myself in some right old future sounds and taking everything in. And that's what Touched Music is allowing my to do this May by releasing "Irretrievable Data Loss" by Attraktta.

Sorry, did you say 'data loss'? Because what I believe I'm hearing is called 'data addition'. The only thing irretrievable here is the time I spent listening to this. I'm not getting it back and I don't care one bit as it was clearly time well spent.

This is bold, this is hard, this isn't trying to be anything else. You will like it or it will come out of your heaphones and throttle you until you agree. Attraktta is the brainchild of Steve Hyland, He’s one of the founders of Ai Records before setting up Concrete Plastic in 2006 the experience gathered over the last nineteen years really shines through. The production is clean, it's solid and the sounds are dirty in all the right places.

It's great that it's 2018 but putting tracks like this on can take me back a good fifteen to twenty years. Sometimes you can put your finger on it - reminders of Wildplanet, LFO's 'Advance' and the style championed by Boards of Canada (only churned up in a blender and beautifully twisted). Then again sometimes you can't and it's one of the reasons I put stuff on repeat in order to try and work out my own thoughts.

"MlDL" opens the album well, pretty leftfield with a lovely ethereal backing. There's some great electro here too, both "Split The Line" and "Orientfield" make me wish I could robot dance. But only if I was 300ft tall and could wreck a couple of buildings at the same time.

For me the stars of the show are "Find, Replace Again" and "Gal_Pos". The former is a rolling affair that won't allow my shoulders to stay still and the latter... well let's just say it's got that sideways kind of bass that will cause people to ask you to stop dancing. Well excuse me, try putting your phone away and having it large once in a while instead.

Available as a limited run of 100 CDs or as a digital download from Touched Music, get it now and continue to support this fantastic cause. 

post-8588-0-55881600-1523731251_thumb.png

post-8588-0-86541000-1523731297_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks for reminding me to check this out.  Like what I hear.

My pleasure, glad you like it :)

I really think Attraktta deserves more love, both albums are really lovely and on my top 2018 list.

Archived