IGNORED

New mad beats

fxbip

the drums are really deec but other than the first section/intro of choke.4 the synths don't hold up to them. would be nice to get some more variety going on with the sounds, layering etc.

what c00l sampler are ya usin?

Really digging these three, fx. You're an absolute madlad.

There's a certain amount of unpredictability in these tracks that i like. Especially enjoyed Choke.4

Beats are mad, yes, but they just seem to be fast for the hell of it. Come off a bit unimaginative/derivative imo: fast just to be fast. I love fast beats, but there's gotta be some direction and groove and so forth. Melodies/synths are much more interesting to my ears, the bits without beats near the end of tracks two and three, very nice stuff there.

Jut had a more attentive listen and I've got to say that especially Hands is pretty amazing. Those purring drums <3

Beats are mad, yes, but they just seem to be fast for the hell of it. Come off a bit unimaginative/derivative imo: fast just to be fast. I love fast beats, but there's gotta be some direction and groove and so forth. Melodies/synths are much more interesting to my ears, the bits without beats near the end of tracks two and three, very nice stuff there.

Isn't all IDM (or really all music that can easily be ascribed to a certain genre) derivative in a way? And it doesn't sound unimaginative to me at all. Agree about the melodies being a strength of this music tho 

Using Atlas sampler.

It organize drum samples by types of hits (kicks,snares,hi-hats etc) to make drum kits fast.

Mmm - that's quite nice. Very cool idea - how do you find it works for things that aren't typical "kick, snare" etc.? Like, does it do a pretty good job of grouping non-traditional samples?

Oh, right, nice tracks! Also a fan of hyperspeed beats, and I think you do a great job of keeping them well isolated (which can be a challenge). I think Sacrifice is probably my fave (right now) - all the tracks sort of teeter on the edge of being out of control (that's not a good or bad thing btw). This one feels the most stable so I'm drawn to it most up front. 

Using Atlas sampler.

It organize drum samples by types of hits (kicks,snares,hi-hats etc) to make drum kits fast.

Mmm - that's quite nice. Very cool idea - how do you find it works for things that aren't typical "kick, snare" etc.? Like, does it do a pretty good job of grouping non-traditional samples?

Oh, right, nice tracks! Also a fan of hyperspeed beats, and I think you do a great job of keeping them well isolated (which can be a challenge). I think Sacrifice is probably my fave (right now) - all the tracks sort of teeter on the edge of being out of control (that's not a good or bad thing btw). This one feels the most stable so I'm drawn to it most up front. 

Cheers!!! :) ''on the edge of being out of control'' i like that!

About the sampler:

It's designed for traditional drum sounds mostly but have extensive categories.Shakers,cowbell,claves,toms etc.

But it does have a other categories for FX and weird sounds.

But yeah mostly traditional drum sounds,i dont know how good it would do with full blown weird shit samples or random field recordings.

Have not tried it yet but could be worth a shot to see how it handles it!

• 3 weeks later...

I like all of them, especially Sacrifice. I'd love to hear a track kind of 'focused' around the second (1:30) and fourth sections. I think they could go from good/really good to great/amazing if you can get those build ups and that 'emotional' build up you had going on. I'd like to hear it elaborated on.

Like you have production down, but that coupled with the emotional aspect will make (me) want to listen to it over and over. But again, that's just me.

I hope that makes sense.

Btw Grats on Penryn Mix, tho I'm having to wait till it's uploaded to listen to it.

Oh, Waves of Ecstasy is sweet too. But like I said, if you can find a way to combine the crazy beats AND the emotional bits, (I feel) you'll level up. Though usually emotional bits means less crazy production, so it would be awesome if you could combine the two.

I like all of them, especially Sacrifice. I'd love to hear a track kind of 'focused' around the second (1:30) and fourth sections. I think they could go from good/really good to great/amazing if you can get those build ups and that 'emotional' build up you had going on. I'd like to hear it elaborated on.

Like you have production down, but that coupled with the emotional aspect will make (me) want to listen to it over and over. But again, that's just me.

I hope that makes sense.

Btw Grats on Penryn Mix, tho I'm having to wait till it's uploaded to listen to it.

Oh, Waves of Ecstasy is sweet too. But like I said, if you can find a way to combine the crazy beats AND the emotional bits, (I feel) you'll level up. Though usually emotional bits means less crazy production, so it would be awesome if you could combine the two.

Maybe you may like this.I think you prefer minor scales to chromatic and dark scales thats all hahaha 

https://soundcloud.com/fxbip/scarred-3

very nice drums as always.  i feel like they might be the part of your music that i enjoy the most.  in general, you do a great job of creating interesting rhythms, especially in moments like the breakdown in "hands" with the synth.

it's hard to say which i like the most of your original post, as both "sacrifice" and "hands" have some great moments. 

if i were to provide some sort of critical feedback, i would say that i think your drum parts could be even more awesome with some selective use of reverb, such as sending a hit through reverb at an opportune moment.  a lot of the drums in your tunes sound pretty dry, so that's why i think some use of reverb could really take things to the next level.

that said, you're doing great work with your stuff already, so just keep following your own instincts if you're ever in doubt about something.  :)

very nice drums as always.  i feel like they might be the part of your music that i enjoy the most.  in general, you do a great job of creating interesting rhythms, especially in moments like the breakdown in "hands" with the synth.

it's hard to say which i like the most of your original post, as both "sacrifice" and "hands" have some great moments. 

if i were to provide some sort of critical feedback, i would say that i think your drum parts could be even more awesome with some selective use of reverb, such as sending a hit through reverb at an opportune moment.  a lot of the drums in your tunes sound pretty dry, so that's why i think some use of reverb could really take things to the next level.

that said, you're doing great work with your stuff already, so just keep following your own instincts if you're ever in doubt about something.  :)

Thanks mate!

I have indeed starting with good result adding some reverb on drums me too finding stuff were a bit too dry and needed to be upgraded in that area a bit,i discovered i had some decent reverb plugins that were unused and i have started using them.

I will take your advice in consideration ,i think its a great idea i and shall try more reverb on hits has i think it totally make sense to have a bit more reverb sometimes and especially with more precision and finesse.

Im still learning!!!! :D

Archived