IGNORED

36 - C45 Dreamloops 1-2

jules

I still remember being at an Xltronic meetup in 2009, and he gave us all a CD copy of Hypersona (I still have it). I WAS THERE AT THE BEGINNING! I've missed out on a few releases over time though :(

I found out about him on xltronic too. Bought Hypersona then as well and have to tried to nab everything since, and I have missed a bunch!

Cheers guys. Yes, happy memories at all the XLT events over the years  :biggrin:

The tapes will be repressed at the same time the next tape in the series is released. They'll both be available together then (with the 2nd tape having more units to satisfy demand... Lesson learned from this one!)

Cheers guys. Yes, happy memories at all the XLT events over the years  :biggrin:

The tapes will be repressed at the same time the next tape in the series is released. They'll both be available together then (with the 2nd tape having more units to satisfy demand... Lesson learned from this one!)

Out of interest, where did you get your tapes manufactured? We're thinking of releasing an ambient tape at some point and I'm keen to have the quality be as high as possible. I think tape is such a great format for ambient music, possibly better than vinyl actually.

Out of interest, where did you get your tapes manufactured? We're thinking of releasing an ambient tape at some point and I'm keen to have the quality be as high as possible. I think tape is such a great format for ambient music, possibly better than vinyl actually.

Don't want to derail but I can answer partially answer this, I dub tapes for my friends label and he does a lot of ambient releases. Depends on how much you want the tape to "color" the sound - there's playback quality and then there's the more subjective "sounds good" question and ambient on warmth of cassette falls more in that category than vinyl. 

Most tapes are type I, type II technically is a better choice as it doesn't roll off as much on the higher frequencies. Unfortunately stateside NAC ran out of type II. You might have to hunt around more for that.

There's also Dolby sound reduction as an option, most don't mess with it but when it comes to stuff like ambient, classical, or dynamic non-percussive music it's a good option. A lot of fans will likely not utilize Dolby B on their decks or players but those who do will notice an improvement in quality. I've been doing it for awhile now on drone/ambient releases I dub. I also try to make the peaks about  2+ db or so on the  VU meter. Not too much (gets too distorted) but a little is ideal. You can go a little higher with type II and even more with the rarer type IV.

Anyway, this release sounds beautiful, you've been putting out a lot of wonderful music! Also 36, wanted to mention that your posts on FB about streaming, social media, and navigating the world of releasing music have been very insightful. 

I've used a few companies over the year, from Tapeline to Mobineko. For this release, I used a manufacturer called https://www.bandcds.co.uk/cassettes/cassette-tape-duplication/ who seems to have done tapes for quite a few labels like Dream Catalogue.

They have a rather generic company name, but they know their stuff and everything came back exactly how it was promised. I'll be using them again for future tapes, 100%.

Don't want to derail but I can answer partially answer this, I dub tapes for my friends label and he does a lot of ambient releases. Depends on how much you want the tape to "color" the sound - there's playback quality and then there's the more subjective "sounds good" question and ambient on warmth of cassette falls more in that category than vinyl. 

Most tapes are type I, type II technically is a better choice as it doesn't roll off as much on the higher frequencies. Unfortunately stateside NAC ran out of type II. You might have to hunt around more for that.

There's also Dolby sound reduction as an option, most don't mess with it but when it comes to stuff like ambient, classical, or dynamic non-percussive music it's a good option. A lot of fans will likely not utilize Dolby B on their decks or players but those who do will notice an improvement in quality. I've been doing it for awhile now on drone/ambient releases I dub. I also try to make the peaks about  2+ db or so on the  VU meter. Not too much (gets too distorted) but a little is ideal. You can go a little higher with type II and even more with the rarer type IV.

Anyway, this release sounds beautiful, you've been putting out a lot of wonderful music! Also 36, wanted to mention that your posts on FB about streaming, social media, and navigating the world of releasing music have been very insightful. 

Cheers. I do enjoy my little industry rants/ramblings on FB  :biggrin:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, jules said:

I missed this one. Will they restock?

I keep a few back in case of damage/loss, so assuming they don't need to be used, I'll put them up for sale in a month or two.

Archived