maybe not so much related to 2020 US Election, but I've noticed that the biden state department has not done any press conferences in over a week. None last week. Thought there would be one today but nothing. They usually do at least three per week. Both wars are going badly and escalating. Have not seen biden in public or speaking at all in a pretty long time. No words of substance apart from teleprompter speeches from harris. Strange days indeed.

11 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

Have not seen biden in public or speaking at all in a pretty long time.

he was on the DNC convention stage not even a full week ago

4 minutes ago, auxien said:

he was on the DNC convention stage not even a full week ago

my bad, i meant in public answering questions or talking about the two conflicts, which are escalating in significant ways since he gave that speech, in a real way, not stump speeches at conferences

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

my bad, i meant in public answering questions or talking about the two conflicts, which are escalating in significant ways since he gave that speech, in a real way, not stump speeches at conferences

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/presidential-news-conferences#Data Table

depending how you want to count it not too much of his ‘appearances’ has been atypical, seems to fall somewhere between the last ~3 or so presidents in most categories.

this isn’t counting the numerous ways the Biden admin, as well as any other administration, has available on their phones/etc. for communicating directly with the public…that’s almost exclusively a one-way street ofc tho

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

What in the absolute fuck is going on with RFK jr?

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/26/rfk-jr-whale-chainsaw-investigation?utm=axios_app

"Every time we accelerated on the highway, whale juice would pour into the windows of the car, and it was the rankest thing on the planet," Kick said in the interview.

"We all had plastic bags over our heads with mouth holes cut out, and people on the highway were giving us the finger, but that was just normal day-to-day stuff for us."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

What in the absolute fuck is going on with RFK jr?

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/26/rfk-jr-whale-chainsaw-investigation?utm=axios_app

should really listen to the behind the bastards episodes. he is an absolute nut. they're 3 or 4 parts. he's a terrible person. i mean, growing up a kennedy seems weird and fucked up and stuff but he definitely would've been an asshole all by himself anyways.. .

5 hours ago, decibal cooper said:

what's the issue here? "hey META.. can you please remove misinformation about covid because people are stupid fucking lunatics"

seems reasonable and probably typical for every presidential administration since facebook became a thing. 

• Like 6

70 days before the election, and with gabbard and RFK jr now on his transition team, and him and melania also releasing a book each, big T releases another NFT card collection  (these ones cannot be resold on secondary marketplaces until January 31, 2025, possibly making them more valuable than the previous three sets)

• Big Brain 1

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

what's the issue here? "hey META.. can you please remove misinformation about covid because people are stupid fucking lunatics"

seems reasonable and probably typical for every presidential administration since facebook became a thing. 

does not seem reasonable to me. why let the executive branch of the federal government, biden white house in this case, pressure social media companies in private, closed-door discussions to remove content from the internet that Zuckerberg states did not violate the rules of his social media company? He said that his team disagreed about the covid content, and he also mentions that some of it was satire and meme posts.

If there was content on there, or large clusters of content, that was leading to large scale harm of the public, and the white house wanted it taken down, then why not do so in a transparent way instead of privately pressuring the company to remove things?

You also ignore the fourth paragraph of zuckerberg's letter about the hunter biden laptop story, which was more or less completely censored after the New York Post story that first reported on it (and later verified that it was indeed his laptop and that there were emails on there that he sent related to his time employed with Burisma). I personally do not care if he was trying to get his laptop fixed and had a bunch of pics with him smoking crack or fucking prostitutes, but the story was completely memory-holed, and it turned out in the end as zuckerberg mentions that there was no conclusive evidence that it was a russian disinformation campaign, as the FBI and CIA stated when they initially approached meta to remove the story. And all mainstream news outlets just went along with it.

Regardless of how one feels about the hunter biden story, this is not a good precedent for the executive branch to be making content moderation decisions on the internet in clandestine ways imo without the public knowing about it.

• Thanks 1

I'll note that in 2022 when Elon Musk showed Twitter documents to Matt Taibbi and others that alleged to show government interference around the reporting of the Hunter laptop story it was greeted with skepticism about the exact details but here you have Zuckerberg just straight up telling the same sort of story - facebook were warned some 'russian disinfo was coming' which led them to temporarily block the story, but eventually it turned out not to be disinfo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zazen said:

I'll note that in 2022 when Elon Musk showed Twitter documents to Matt Taibbi and others that alleged to show government interference around the reporting of the Hunter laptop story it was greeted with skepticism about the exact details but here you have Zuckerberg just straight up telling the same sort of story - facebook were warned some 'russian disinfo was coming' which led them to temporarily block the story, but eventually it turned out not to be disinfo.

yes exactly - the claim from FBI that the story was disinformation was itself disinformation - even mainstream outlets this year admit that there is no conclusive evidence that the story was russian disinfo: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/former-us-spies-warned-2020-hunter-biden-scandal-russian-fingerprints-rcna140240

No public evidence has emerged pointing to a Russian government role in how the laptop materials were made public. But the former officials say the materials fueled stories consistent with Russian efforts to accuse Biden of corruption that persist to this day — and that therefore they were justified in sounding the alarm.

the twitter files were a joke, a weak attempt at manipulation by musk, suggesting to people that emails making requests are nefarious. people are suggestible. it's embarrassing to fall for tricks

this zuckerberg story seems like he's trying to buy some cheap republican cred with a story that lacks substance. and he pledges to not cooperate with government for next pandemic, cool. good job zuck. your logo sucks 

Edited by may be rude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zazen said:

I'll note that in 2022 when Elon Musk showed Twitter documents to Matt Taibbi and others that alleged to show government interference around the reporting of the Hunter laptop story it was greeted with skepticism about the exact details 

the twitter documents failed to prove what they had set out to prove, which resulted in both parties having a bitter fallout, and taibbi going from once promising "contributing" editor for Rolling Stone to permanent denizen of the far right tinfoil club

in this letter, zuck says the whitehouse pressured them (META)"to censor certain COVID-19 content, including humor and satire" which could mean anything from speculative origin theories (of covid) to parody videos to misinformation. curiously, all this comes after a survey found more than 60% of americans said they didn't trust zuckerberg / facebook after congress claimed his product (facebook) is "killing people" and the Cambridge Analytica crisis (which could be the reason biden/harris admin attempted to censor META?)

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

034b8de8edb6f6cb8886288f67444544.jpg

emoji854.png

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

let's hope she doesn't peak too soon or foot in mouth her way to the election too much.. though so far the little pressers i've seen w/her she seems a lot better than she was back in the day at thinking on her feet in the Q/A bits w/random reporters. 

also, jfc i hate polls. i do really hope there is sincere energy boosting her through this so we can get rid of the orange man. that guy dominating the news cycle for 4 more fucking years (or more, ugh) would be a psychic brain fuck to the country.. not to mention all the petty vindictive shit he'd spewing the entire time. and there would be just be no living w/the maga chuds if he wins.. my god will they go apeshit. regardless, he's going to go for broke w/the calls for chud violence.  

if he wins it'll be this shit 

IMG_7132.thumb.jpeg.0b4a2ff4a974bc524fddde92d6884bd8.jpeg

via Reuters

Trump must be in panic mode after seeing those polls starting to slowly shift away, he’s doubling down on being a jackass (as usual) / trying to get into her head before the debate.