IGNORED

Duchovny - Future Egypt (GL4ND004)

hello spiral

• 2 weeks later...

HERE WE GO

From the post-apocalyptic wastes of Melbourne's Suburbs comes FUTURE EGYPT.
The three feral youths that make up duchovny spent 1000s of hours slaving over a ramshackle collection of frequently malfunctioning (and sometimes self-combusting) equipment to bring us this condensed brick of solid electro-gold.
Recorded raw and on the fly at The House of Duchovny (little more than a tin shack in the outback) circled by packs of vicious, motorcycle-riding cannibal mutants and Ice-T dressed as a giant kangeroo, Duchovny were only concerned by one thing while recording their masterpiece: "chicken or lamb?"

credits

released September 16, 2019

Recorded live in 2016 at The House of Duchovny.

Equipment used:
Moog Sub 37 + Moog Mother-32 + Roland SH-101 + Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ + Alesis QuadraVerb + Line 6 DL4 Delay & a bass guitar + nuggs + KFC potato & gravy

IMG_E9830.thumb.JPG.b9086eb5d7ff52e01a57a23317bc8d10.JPG

IMG_E9828.thumb.JPG.2d801e5cc34fb0157af3c5970ec1d7c8.JPG

IMG_E9827.thumb.JPG.f2887f6e233817eecbeb6ff2562e5879.JPG

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

raw and on the fly at The House of Duchovny (little more than a tin shack in the outback)

Right. A tin shack with some very expensive equipment.

Seriously. Who writes this drivel?

Music ‘s quite decent though.

16 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Right. A tin shack with some very expensive equipment.

Seriously. Who writes this drivel?

Music ‘s quite decent though.

Me. I write this drivel. 

It's not to be taken seriously. Look up 'absurdism' and 'hyperbole' in the dictionary, Mr Frequently Wrong.

5 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

It's not to be taken seriously. Look up 'absurdism' and 'hyperbole' in the dictionary, Mr Frequently Wrong.

There’s nothing absurdist about this firehose worth of music writing clichés at all. It’s just amateurish.

3 hours ago, very honest said:

looks great. duchovny is awesome. i think i got this in chatmm a while ago. is this version different?

Slight differences as bitroast went back over the original files and made some adjustments, followed by some very good remastering by Chesney.

Archived