IGNORED

Unknown Artists - Withhold Series

gated

Everyone is already unknown in this scene.

So it doesnt change much from the usual does it? ?

Edited by fxbip
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, gated said:

unKn0wN aRTiSTs (_)_)/////////////////////////////////D

Edited by Uf0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

But in all seriousness, WH06 is amazing, not a single dud on that album, and WH04 is a pretty close contender as well, it's a shame most people won't be able to hear it just becau

oh wait

guess what's been ripped and is up on red and slsk. id buy it but it seems like withhold got all the money that they were wanting to make with this one so  :catbed:

16 hours ago, EvilManiMani said:

Any guesses as to the identity of the artist for WH06? Sounds kinda like Microlith to me.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, gated said:

I'm sure most of you will have got the email about this. Any thoughts as to the artists?

https://bleep.com/who-series-withold

I have an idea who is behind WHO06 because it's a very distinctive style. Personally, that was the only one I was interested in buying.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:11 PM, kloffy said:

Yeah, WHO06 is lush... :music:

On 5/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, whosebrian said:

withhold my beer

Wh6 is Uf0 , great artist from Ibiza, was checking around and saw this discussion on this forums, I think he really needs some recognition ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5z3Q9xKFD4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by lenag
mistake in the artist's name
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 12:38 AM, fxbip said:

Everyone is already unknown in this scene.

So it doesnt change much from the usual does it? ?

but don't you want to be *more* unknown? So the few who really love your music struggle to find it even more?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EvilManiMani said:

Any guesses as to the identity of the artist for WH06? Sounds kinda like Microlith to me.

I don't think, I imagine more EOD or ... MNLTH ? Curious to know...

2 hours ago, Pitbulle said:

I don't think, I imagine more EOD or ... MNLTH ? Curious to know...

On 5/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, Uf0 said:

unKn0wN aRTiSTs (_)_)/////////////////////////////////D

Looks like our man has made an appearance! It's a shame that you had to be 'Unknown' for what I can gather appears to be your first album, but what a first it is!

Edited by EvilManiMani
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, EvilManiMani said:

Looks like our man has made an appearance! It's a shame that you had to be 'Unknown' for what I can gather appears to be your first album, but what a first it is!

isn't it just great...

although personally I think his forthcoming Gated release is even better. But I would say that. I love his music.

Edited by gated
  • Like 2

Just grabbed whole bundle of stamped test press versions yesterday on the Bandcamp. They threw up a few whole bundles and WHO4’s.

Edited by eh Speedy

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, gated said:

isn't it just great...

although personally I think his forthcoming Gated release is even better. But I would say that. I love his music.

I already imagined it in my car while listening to it I am almost sure that WH06 is Sound Synthesis!

This is why it makes you think of Microlith : https://www.discogs.com/fr/Microlith-Sound-Synthesis-Electronic-Travellers/release/15102761

Edited by Pitbulle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, whosebrian said:

Cheers, nabbed.

6 hours ago, gated said:

AFAIK Bleep will be getting coloured vinyl like before so if you're into that might be worth waiting a bit.

Thanks but not into it anymore. Kinda got vinyl gimmick fatigue.

I believe the Bleep coloured vinyls have come and gone. They put up some coloured batches on the Withhold Bandcamp earlier today and they were all gone in like 1 min. it seems.

I've been wondering about some labels' Bandcamp pages - like Withhold and Furthur Electronix - the put out new releases but there's never an announcement or an email, so an occasional peek only reveals that there was something but it's long gone. I suppose notifications from the Bandcamp app would be useful, but I'm following such a large number of targets on Bandcamp that it's simply impossible to have them on - it would be useful if there was an option to disable the notifications by target and not have it tied to following. It would be easy to write a scheduled script that checks only specific Bandcamp pages for updates, but I just can't be arsed.

Oh, and I really don't understand the hubbub around Withhold, there's a couple of nice tracks here and there but most of it's mediocre fare riding on limited edition artificial scarcity - although that is exactly what floats my boat, so I'm a bit conflicted.

Weirdly I never get notifications for Furthur Electronix. The only way to keep up with that label is to become friends with Anil Lal on Facebook and constantly check his posts. He has a ton of followers and he posts regularly about when things are going to be released. Often they sell out in 30 mins or less. It's a bit like the end of an eBay auction every time there's a new release. The tension mounts. People keep hitting refresh every few seconds. Is it going to appear dead on 8pm? Or slightly after? "Bagged a marble!" one person comments on FB. "Dang, I missed it again" says the person in Australia who was in bed. He's building an empire based on artificial scarcity - and it's working. He has another two labels he's launching on top of FE.