IGNORED

Unknown Artists - Withhold Series

gated

If they were available, I only kinda want to buy them. While the idea of “mystery” artist seems intriguing, the most important thing for me is the music must be really, really good. I only found about two-thirds of it worth it.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, JS6791MC said:

If they were available, I only kinda want to buy them. While the idea of “mystery” artist seems intriguing, the most important thing for me is the music must be really, really good. I only found about two-thirds of it worth it.

Edited by gated
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 11:07 PM, whosebrian said:

I did a poor job of avoiding these. All six are quite lush.

Indeed they are.

Edited by gated

clone.nl had them in stock very recently, look there they might be a few left.

Edited by mause

• 2 weeks later...

i apologise for my previous comments on this label, didnt mean to be such a prick but i sure made that happen 

there's a whole load of belters on this series 

5 hours ago, mause said:

i apologise for my previous comments on this label, didnt mean to be such a prick but i sure made that happen 

They're not getting any apologies from me. Hey 'WHO' or whatever the feck your label is called: release digitals or piss off!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mause said:

EDIT: you know what, I'm removing that comment as well, I just don't want the hassle of stirring stuff up.

Edited by gated

1 hour ago, gated said:

yeah we got contacted by someone connected with the label criticising our previous comments saying we were "jealous" that the releases had sold out. Normally I'd be inclined to publicly post some angry reply but I don't think it would get us anywhere. No point starting a fight in such a niche scene, so I never replied to the person. As it happens I wasn't jealous but genuinely curious how they'd managed to sell out so quickly.

Cringe. Yeah, we are all just jealous. That’s it.

• Like 2

Pretty much, you have a handful of rabid fans of an incredibly niche genre who are always hungry for new stuff, and you're gatekeeping it behind exorbitantly expensive physical media that degrades with use. Why would you withhold (lol) music from such a dedicated fanbase, and intentionally limit exposure like that? For all the shit he catches on watmm, flahbub/benn has the right idea, making his music as readily available as possible and even uploading his own releases to torrent sites to ensure that everyone who wants to listen is able to. Vinyl only limited releases smacks of elitism and cynical exploitation of a passionate, limited, audience.

If you must, do your limited release, then make it available digital after a period of exclusivity, so that collectors can have their wank over their exclusive physical media, and the rest of us can actually enjoy the music. It's not like the vinyls aren't going to sell out anyways.

• Like 1