IGNORED

Post pictures of your coffee machine

Berk

My V60 (I use that one the most), my Chemex (I also have a larger one but I rarely use these), my pour over kettle, and my siphon coffee brewer is hiding in the background. The cylinder thing is part of my Arctic cold brew thing I got via Kickstarter.

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.08.22.jpg

This is my concrete espresso machine (also bought via Kickstarter). I also have the classic Rancilio Silvia espresso machine, but it's not hooked up.

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 09.10.37.jpg

I also have two grinders - the Baratza Sette 270 which I use for espresso and then the Wilfa Svart Aroma for pour over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Exactly. That little guy is not making coffee, he’s growing it (and, in fact, he’s not even growing it, just picking it). So please refrain from posting your woke virtue signaling in this thread. Seriously.

"this is the coffee machine thread, not the general coffee thread, how dare you make a post I didn't like, think about me next time you post and make sure I approve"

anyway here is my coffee maker [from google images]

microwave.jpg

Just now, dingformung said:

For clarification: I use the small one to make milk foam. I know, some people here hate me for liking coffee with milk but I am a slave of my urges ?

Milk in coffee (especially french press) is perfectly fine. It's like adding a low pass filter to your coffee if it gets a bit too grungy.

8 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

the coffee maker everyone has forgotten

neoliberal imperialism and slave labor

Yes, the economic situation in lots of places is bad and the trading relationship of the "first world" countries with these places are often exploitative. That's why I vouch for asymmetrical trading treaties/fair trade treaties, that allow countries that are in a difficult economic situation to raise duties on "first world" goods as high as they like but in turn can sell their products on our markets without having to pay any duties. That way their markets aren't flooded by our cheap industrial products  and their domestic economies can flourish and they aren't forced to make use of child labour in very specific fields that are left, such as coffee production. But the economic pressure is probably just part of the problem, I imagine that child labour is just a thing that's accepted in a lot of places and not seen as a problem.

Spoiler

map2018_EN_web.jpg

However, that's no reason to dismiss coffee culture as a whole. Coffee is nice

2 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

anyway here is my coffee maker [from google images]

microwave.jpg

That is barbaric.

It’s almost as bad as putting milk in your coffee.

16 hours ago, dingformung said:

Get out

The thing with hardcore coffee drinkers, apart from the grossness of the drink itself, are colleagues who live on it, then breathe that fkn rank all day coffee breath out. To make it top shelf disgusting just add 20-30 roll up cigs.

5 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

The thing with hardcore coffee drinkers, apart from the grossness of the drink itself, are colleagues who live on it, then breathe that fkn rank all day coffee breath out. To make it top shelf disgusting just add 20-30 roll up cigs.

You are supposed to drink water to it.

Tea drinkers do have the worst breath, though, and they are generally bad people.

You are supposed to drink water to it.
Tea drinkers do have the worst breath, though, and they are generally bad people.
don't be a fucking wally mate

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

“Tea” drinkers, you mean.

I’ve seen what tea in proper tea drinking countries looks like and that foul tasting scrap we get in the rest of the world ain’t it.

Can't be arsed to take a photo, but I have a standard burr grinder, a french press, and a device for making cold brew. Cold brew is fantastic in the summer, especially here in Ottawa where its fairly hot and humid.

Also - in what way is 12kg of coffee a year a lot? I go through approximately 36kg of coffee a year (2 x350g bag of beans a week).

Archived