Great stuff. Was going to see him with Basinski in London in april before all the covid mess. Hope I get the chance later. This piece is stunning.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Never imagined seeing Scanner on DiN, a really unusual partnership.

Some really beautiful stuff on here. My knowledge of his extensive catalogue is patchy, but I absolutely love some of the stuff he did for last year's Touched boxset and this seems to have a similarly melancholic, subtly melodic feel. I should probably explore his recent catalogue more.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dcom
      Horizon-painting breaks and soundscapes from Vivian Koch on her second album. Recommended.
    • By dcom
      A double pack collection of smooth house and melodic electro spaced with ambient intermissions, from the label that released Derek Carr's Pursuit album.
      RIYL Derek Carr, Darren Nye, John Shima, Russ Gabriel. Recommended.
    • By feltopptak
      Andrea Porcu (Music For Sleep project) - New Values

"In recent years, Andrea Porcu has been responsible for some of the most immersive, slowly unfurling ambient music around - much of it inspired by a combination of much-needed musical escapism and a desire to create music that would aid self-meditation. New Values, his latest longform piece, arrives with little or no explanation, other than a simple sentence about "listening to the essence of fading light". Beginning with the dull tones of tape hiss and a distant electric piano, the 46-minute piece quietly builds in waves, introducing long, lingering chords and drifting electronic motifs to accompany Porcu's fluid, slow-motion keys. It feels like lazy, languid music for similarly stunning, drawn-out sunsets, with all the warmth and comfort of a soft-touch blanket. In a word: stunning.."
    • By dcom
      The first release on Albert Salinas and Philip Sherburne's Balmat imprint, melodic after-hours ambient soundscapes. Recommended.
    • By feltopptak
      I am happy to present Nils Wortmann  new work 'Alles so schön still hier'.
      A unique book listing the 100 best Ambient works between 1975 and 2020, with a description and further recommendations. The book features  works by Brian Eno, Aphex Twin, William Basinski, Harold Budd, Edgar Froese, Steve Roach, KLF, Pauline Oliveros, Éliane Radigue, Biosphere, The Caretaker and many other artists.
      The book can be ordered from the following link: Link

(for the moment the book is available only in German)