IGNORED

Dalglish - Niaiw Ot Vile

Amen Lare

Most definitely. I especially liked this bit.

Do you have any further forthcoming releases, as Dalglish or under a different moniker?

CD: I work every day, even if it doesn't really do anything. I've got thousands of tracks… There will be another release, maybe in February; I'm going to do something for Andrea Parker, as a Dalglish album. I'm really into Touchin' Bass, and she wants to put out some unreleased O.S.T. and Rook tracks from the 90s, so that will actually be two albums on that label. There will also be a new Seaes album, another project I have for all the homeless, unreleased tracks. There will be a four CD album for that.

:w00t:

Just listened to the album stream, sounds Gorgeous. Think this has the potential to be my fav release I have heard by him. Sounds stunning on first listen on shitty speakers so cant wait to hear it properly and really get into it

Whens it actually out? Thought it was meant to be out earlier in the month but doesn't seem to be out yet?

This will be a blind buy then. I've got all the time in the world for Dalglish. What a talented, down to earth, honest musician.

http://thequietus.com/articles/13878-dalglish-interview-niaiw-ot-vile

Awesome interview

nice! must have missed that one. I have to admit I'm pretty jelly Pan can score all these interviews and reviews, it's like seriously how the fuck do they do it? I sent venoyn to every single one of these same places.

This will be a blind buy then. I've got all the time in the world for Dalglish. What a talented, down to earth, honest musician.

Awesome interview

nice! must have missed that one. I have to admit I'm pretty jelly Pan can score all these interviews and reviews, it's like seriously how the fuck do they do it? I sent venoyn to every single one of these same places.

They know what they're doing in terms of media coverage. Little marketing tricks, personal connections. Like they had a label showcase night at Boiler Room.

Awesome interview

Its in the top 50 singles over at Norman. I supposed that's a little PR for you :)

Just listened to the album stream, sounds Gorgeous. Think this has the potential to be my fav release I have heard by him. Sounds stunning on first listen on shitty speakers so cant wait to hear it properly and really get into it

Whens it actually out? Thought it was meant to be out earlier in the month but doesn't seem to be out yet?

Seems like the vinyl pressing has been delayed indefinitely.

That guy... I must say he uses way too many aliases. O.S.T, Dalglish, Scald Rougish, Seaes, Rook Vallade...

My biggest love goes to Seimlste, and the Dalglish album where SDSS is on. And as for his recent stuff, Bytreqw is fantastic.

When will this be available? I want to buy flac files.

Thanks and headnod to Robbie, he made me familiar with Dalglish and I have to say this is the best blend of musical genres I heard in while.

For PAN- hmm they get pretty hyped and I see that people dislike that a bit. There was a pretty huge rant on FACT when they talked about the two Lee Gamble records. I have to admit what distracts me from PAN a bit is their uneven character. They had some really artsyfartsy art shit on their label as well and while the packaging is really gorgeous and welldone I think they work with the best of the best so to say.

Nevertheless, that should not be Dalglishs fault- the album is wonderful and I like especially the very personal note on that. Robbie knows for sure what I mean.

This is amazing, He has realased a lot of good stuff this year but this is defo sounding like the best.

Could even be a late contender for AOTY for me but need to listen more. Beautifull album either way

this album is a huge step up but somehow still manages to sound very uniquely dalglish. Loving it so far, totally unearthly weird as fuck 'music' punctuated by actual catchy bits of melody. I think it's safe to say he's been saving his best for PAN, at least so far

OT. Currently I cannot listen to Niaiw, because another track needs to be listened to for a million times. It's an unreleased track on one of his recent mixes (a great one btw): From minute ~19 to ~24:

Fantastic track. Subtle melody in background clocking in. That bass :) - A lot going on I love it. It' feels like a Lentic Catachresis year 2442 reinterpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

i must have missed the part where anybody was hating on the fine label that is PAN in this thread. Seems to be nothing but praise in this thread and other threads on this forum. Easily one of the best labels currently active

someone said their catalog has an 'uneven character' in the thread, which if someone has mistaken for 'hatred' or anything below the belt that would be very unfortunate. We need thicker skin in the music community. A small criticism here and there should be expected about any such venture.

i must have missed the part where anybody was hating on the fine label that is PAN in this thread. Seems to be nothing but praise in this thread and other threads on this forum. Easily one of the best labels currently active

someone said their catalog has an 'uneven character' in the thread, which if someone has mistaken for 'hatred' or anything below the belt that would be very unfortunate. We need thicker skin in the music community. A small criticism here and there should be expected about any such venture.

Yes, that was me. They are very open stilistically (which is a plus in my opinion) but sometimes I had the feeling that several releases where just made for sterile living rooms with white furniture and a 100000 USD turntable on the carefully cleaned shelf.

That was my part meant with "uneven"- I have several PAN records my own so I would never do hatred on them, especially since I know how difficult it is to keep an label alive. I think PAN works best when they release artists like Heatsick or John Hammer or Jar Moff from the leftside of Plunderphonics because those artists are often nowhere else to be found. In my opinion (correct me if I am wrong) they normally don't have to do some art-related music releases inbetween to gain attention.

I hope I could make my point a bit more valid now- it's kinda difficult to express some thoughts for me in english so bear with me and ask back please.

Thicker skin is indeed something we need, seconded.

• 6 months later...

Archived