IGNORED

M39 Diffain

lumpenprol

This track would fit perfectly on Draft in terms of its playful hiphop vibe.

It also has some of the most inner-ear-hole massaging of anything they've ever done. It's like right up in my earholes tickling them

I seriously cannot wait to hear this in full CD quality through my various speakers and headphones. What's that noodley ambient/foundsound track on Drukqs?...it seems almost that playful, but you know, actually listenable.

Sent using magic now Free

this one is easy to like, like Mike in BrBa.. It bangs and is clean, concise.. Osla for n was annoying as fuck at first, like Jacquard, but once you assimilate the obnoxious Flep-tovers, it really opens up into some lonely, sinister zones. Sort of sad and resigned but determined.

Whaaa? Tuinorizn is totally bangin', imo.

Anyway, this track reminds me of Sublimit, or at least quite a few parts of Untilted; mostly the stretchy granular ambience.

Agreed on Tuinorizn, really love that track.

Not sure about any comparisons to existing tracks, it seems like its own beast.

I didn't really rate L-Event on first listen (same with Exai), but on second listen it began to open up and is continuing to do so. Darkest and most malicious sounding atmospheres on an ae release imhmfo.

Also I love you lumpy

Agreed on Tuinorizn, really love that track.

Not sure about any comparisons to existing tracks, it seems like its own beast.

I didn't really rate L-Event on first listen (same with Exai), but on second listen it began to open up and is continuing to do so. Darkest and most malicious sounding atmospheres on an ae release imhmfo.

Also I love you lumpy

I love you too, angry tank paradinas

I'm not sure about darkest and most malicious, I didn't understand when people said that about exai either. If I try to project the emotional state the past two albums and two eps came from (always risky to do), I'd have to say it's pretty relaxed, mature, and playful. LP5 and Confield were some pretty dark, intense shit by comparison. But I quite enjoy Oversteps and Exai and this ep, and enjoy revisiting them too. Can't say the same for Confield (there's definitely a "Confield mood" imo).

I do think their latest phase may be their most overtly psychedelic (though Chiastic is definitely psychedelic too). Ae always used to seem to be more about structure. But this latest phase seems quite loose, more focused on texture, less formal.

If you ask me to try and say objectively whether Gantz Graf or L-Event is an artistically more important or groundbreaking ep, I'd have to say the former. But I'm still greatly digging ae's music.

Seeing as I've commented on the other track thread might as well on this 1! Just a fucking Awesome track!

Get the draft comparisons but think it has more of an untilted type sound to it but with the rhythm of Draft.

Guest the anonymous forumite

this track is about to become my favourite on the EP. At first, Tac Lacora seems to win hands down but this one is getting more and more interesting.

This track hangs out in this weird space they've carved out for some tracks on the last few releases. The track is slow and lumbering with the vague hint that it is the component of a faster and more furious track. Also it feels like it's constantly building up and gaining momentum even though it isn't really. Almost like the Shepard Tone Illusion but for time signature.

Not sure about this one, I like the rubber ball beats, but the main frog throat thing, hmmmmmm.

I get some nice imagery, a frog or an alien in a cave trying to say something, but I just don't like it that much yet.

I'd rate this at the bottom of the Ep so far.

I'd say;

1. Osla

2. Tac Lacora

3. Newbound

4. M39 Diffain.

Archived