IGNORED

Scuba - Claustrophobia

chassis

• 1 month later...

It's a brill album, far better than his last one which had some good tracks but was kind of naff. I love Television.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is really good.

Yeah, loving the dark vibes here, very much in the vein of sandwell dist, tBd, surgeon, etc. Wouldn't have expected it from his last album

You've got my attention with that post, I've not really listened to much post Triangulation and had kind of written him off if I'm honest.

Personality is one of my favorite albums of all time. This one is nice techno, but is not fully grabbing me so far. It’s definitely a turn back toward a more minimal, “darker” sound after the DIVA VOX ravesplosion of Personality.

Yeah I liked Personality as well but lost track of everything else... too much same sounding tech house stuff without heart or soul. though you are hyping this one i will probably check it out

never really quite understood the appeal of Scuba, what am I missing? his music sounds like marginally above average electronic music consisting of sounds that sound indistinguishable from presets. Then again his dubstep stuff also seemed a little bland too. I remember people in here were very harsh on a Blacdog album of sort of retro throwback house/techno, so its sort of strange to see the love in here for something like this

Well, I don’t listen to Scuba for “sound design”, per se. At least in the sense of “presets” vs. “non-presets”. But I do think he’s one of my favorite producers in terms of making albums that sound amazing. I mean, enough from me about Personality, but turned up loud on a good sound system that album sounds like a million bucks. It’s thoroughly well-produced—it has elements that suggest “analogue”-style production or effects, as well as elements that are clearly hyper-precise and “digital”. It’s just a big, wide, deep, full-frequency sound with interesting details everywhere.

It’s suggestive of throwback “rave” feelings—as was the rage for a while, but executed in a thoroughly modern way.

I'll have to give Personality a another listen, it didn't land at all for me at the time. I recall violently loathing that record, even though Scuba is my dude otherwise.

Never really got aboard with Personality mainly b/c it was such a sharp turn from his earlier stuff up to that point; I know every self-respecting producer had to come up with their own dubstep escape plan, but this was just, well...

Archived