IGNORED

BoC remix Mike Patton’s Nevermen

romanticdude

I too would usually prefer a BoC track without vocals, but I think this remix is great! I heard the remix first and definitely prefer their remix to the original. The vocals seem to sit far better with the mix in BoC-sound world than the original one. Nice one!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody fucking told me

great track for driving

I feel the same way about the remix they did for CLOUDDEAD, I play that everytime I'm driving in West Texas

I don't think this remix would work as well without the vocals. It would just be a run of the mill BoC track then (not bad, but nothing special either). In combination the vocals are like another instrument.

I don't think this remix would work as well without the vocals. It would just be a run of the mill BoC track then (not bad, but nothing special either). In combination the vocals are like another instrument.

That's exactly what I thought azatoth, without the vocals it would be Boards by numbers. Each to their own I guess.

How can I buy a copy of this so I can have it on my non-online devices? Anyone know? Kinda pissing me off at this point. I thought bleep would at least have it for sale for a buck or something.

How can I buy a copy of this so I can have it on my non-online devices? Anyone know? Kinda pissing me off at this point. I thought bleep would at least have it for sale for a buck or something.

I emailed Ipecac about this last night. Will report back!

Guest Papillon

Love it, it's like true boc layered song, TH synthline, vocals (which I enjoyed btw) and psichedelic beats in tie second half intensifies

Yep love this track, they never disappoint the music is so interesting, love the vocals too.

Excellent. I was gonna ask myself but too.lazy, plus I'm using a smartphone atm for interweb which is just really annoying and tedious.

Excellent. I was gonna ask myself but too.lazy, plus I'm using a smartphone atm for interweb which is just really annoying and tedious.

Not heard back yet. Presumably the staff are busy imbibing their namesake & vomiting convulsively all over the office (part of their hiring procedure?).

None of the releases indicate the BOC remix is available on them, although Ipecac's website frustratingly does not list the tracks nor the number of them (the iTunes release has 10 tracks).

Came out 29 January in digital, CD, vinyl, and ltd. violet vinyl

None of the releases indicate the BOC remix is available on them, although Ipecac's website frustratingly does not list the tracks nor the number of them (the iTunes release has 10 tracks).

Came out 29 January in digital, CD, vinyl, and ltd. violet vinyl

yoo jy, are there any other news on the boc lane? :emb:

Ha! Does the Bleep blurb really say "life-affirming"? The lyrics are pretty bleak about human nature, and the BOC additions to the production only accentuate that bleakness, to my ears. Hence why I love it so, but seriously off the mark with "life-affirming", imho.

much warming music takes it's emotional connection from the bittersweet ..

Had a listen to the original finally, prefer the remix. It's a nice vocal hook and they use it, but still not a fully rounded song, yeah yeah, it's dleet, fuk off, let me do my thing.

Don't get me wrong--it's a powerful fucking tune, as usual. And the emotions are mixed up and complicated, again, as BOC usually gets it right. But 'life-affirming' is not the right term.

Oh, and can we stop describing BOC's music as 'kaleidoscopic'? It just seems like these blurb-writers have a set of go-to terms they use for artists, and they're not really listening to what they're describing. So BOC had one album where they used kaleidoscope visuals, and now every tune they write is 'kaleidoscopic'?

Archived