IGNORED

Elektron AnalogHeat

Guest Chesney

to me sherman filterbank 2 sounds much more interesting (based on available youtube demos)

very very different.. but there's nothing really like a sherman filter bank. feature set is totally different than electron heat.  

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch that demo before I posted, good stuff. At the very least it reminded me how funky tightly coupled filter and distortion can be even with some envelope following.

This does make it crystal clear that Overbridge was part of a long term strategy, and it looks like a smart move now.

Those prices at 40:00 are disorienting... I guess I haven't been keeping track of the exchange rate, jeeeeez

Guest bitroast

This does make it crystal clear that Overbridge was part of a long term strategy, and it looks like a smart move now.

i'm also going to assume (perhaps incorrectly? who knows?) that analogheat is a first step in elektron banching into effects and smaller box line of products. 

but instead of dumping the market with an overwhelming number of products at once, do a slow burn one product every year or two and give each the time to be properly marketed / promoted + give people time to actually want and purchase every one !!

really curious to see what they're going to do next. but also really liking the sound of this box as well :^) 

^ Yeah, right when the Heat was announced there was an interview with one of the main guys at Elektron, and that's basically what he said. Mentioned that they've got outside investors pumping money into the company, and they've got Overbridge 'stable' enough (it must be a major part of their plans) so they can start releasing these other things that expand their scope and such. He said this was just the first of a few new things they've been developing for a while and there will be many (at least relatively) new devices out next year.

Not sure it's worth its own thread but apparently Elektron announced the Analog Drive, a stompbox similar to the Heat. But different obviously, and about half the price.

I emailed Elektron a while back asking them to make an external Sequencer. Kind of like an Analog Four workflow that just send midi out to a couple of different instruments. 

If they release something like that I'm taking all the credit. 

I emailed Elektron a while back asking them to make an external Sequencer. Kind of like an Analog Four workflow that just send midi out to a couple of different instruments. 

If they release something like that I'm taking all the credit. 

You mean like... a Monomachine or Octatrack minus the synth/sampler?

• 1 month later...

Is overbridge implemented yet? If so how does it work? Will it be an effect (vst/au??)

I suppose as long as it shows as an I/O within the daw it will be very useful - simply buss sections out to it from the daw and print the effects as you go - one usb cable to it and using the daw as a really flexible patchbay. Would suit my workflow a treat.

Spensive tho.....

Yeah, it's been out for quite a while, I want to say 2 years now. I haven't used it (don't have any thusly equipped gear) but I understand that everything is flowing over USB: audio in both directions, MIDI, automation (which A4 MIDI spec would suggests might be higher-res than standard 7-bit MIDI messages), etc.

Guest Chesney

Still not bothered with Overbridge, I don't like to over complicate my simple workflow.

Hearing good things about the heat. Gonna try it out later next week.

Last time I checked there were no guitar demos, so here's one that I found just now (not played on an actual electric guitar, but...).  Sounds pretty sweet on guitar:

Though I dunno, man...  It's still expensive for a distortion/color box, no matter what.  If I bought this, it'd have to be a huge part of my sound, like as if I were working on releasing a whole album like Tango n' Vectif.  Though when I discovered how good the distortion on my MC-505 was circa 2000~2001, I did use it quite a lot.  Totally changed the way I worked on music.

Are there videos of people playing with the envelope and LFO parameters? All the videos I've seen predominantly show the different distortion circuits and LP filter.

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/AVX4XIfgXjo

Nice video of Cenk going over how he uses Overbridge with and incorporates the Heat into his jams. Also goes a bit into recording setup and such. The Commodore shit at the beginning is silly, but he plays a bit of the some stuff through the Heat as well later in the video.

Also, drooling over all that shit he's got. Two fucking Heats, btw. Perks of working for Elektron.

• 2 weeks later...

nope, they don't have internal sequencers, but I think the Analog Heat has full MIDI implementation so can be plocked from monomachine/machinedrum/octatrack.. Not sure about the Analog Drive, but it has MIDI ports so.. maybe?

Archived