• Days Won

auxien last won the day on April 25

auxien had the most liked content!

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

auxien's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Well Followed Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Dedicated
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

Community Answers

1. for now, yeah. a few more layers of complexity/abstraction/'understanding' and it'll be indistinguishable from a human's creation. those 'layers of complexity' are going to be exponentially harder to get to, of course...but if that's not already happened in a basement somewhere, it's very likely it could happen in our lifetimes. that's what we're talking about, scroll back to the last page my argument is that Neeley's talking about where things are at now, and can't (or doesn't want to) see past that to the likely future of the tech. i like Neeley's points in the vid tho, he's not wrong at all, just a bit shortsighted perhaps.
  2. 29:34 / ambient drifting dramatic piece / https://tsrono.bandcamp.com/track/in-the-wake
  3. the interesting thing about that is that we often don't understand our own symbolic/imaginary dimensions of art creation. a simple metaphor? sure, yeah, i get that, a poem about sunsets could also be about a death, or a relationship that's over, or whatever symbolism interpreted by the reader. Chat GPT and such already understands that symbolism is very much a part of most art/etc....it's not yet conscious tho, so it doesn't 'get' it, it just knows that it is a thing. but my point there is that often, neither do we. even the creators of the art. so your point maybe has something to it, or maybe not... but once these creations are complex enough to become self aware/conscious... well, all that's out the window. a computer program's 'enjoyment' could be vastly different than ours once it does have some analogue of 'enjoyment' ...or it could be very similar to human concepts (it will have been trained almost entirely on human-created input of course) or similar in the ways that many animal's enjoyment is similar to our own. the body thing is pretty key to this concept tho, i'm still not sure consciousness will ever be possible without live autonomous sensory inputs, a true physical 'self'. no i don't think so
  4. good thoughts here but i'm honestly not sure if he's quite right. if someone trains some AI/ML prog with enough jam sessions (like, man, idk, the tens of thousands of hours of recordings that already exist of live jazz, Grateful Dead/Phish/etc., folk, etc....) then you could probably get some AI jamming pretty well. there's more to his argument tho. music as a verb, music as a collective human experience & conversation, players being constrained and influenced by their physical bodies, and so on. i thought it was a really nice take.
  5. demo bit of a track i'm working on with some glitchy visuals
  6. nice talk with a short basic demo section basic enough for even a total newb to understand
  7. lol everything about this promo pic is funnier as you look at it longer why is Ash acting like he's clenched fists about to beat up the offscreen threat Dallas looks like he's a child pretending to be worried, half squatting for no reason Kane has a humpback? Parker looks like he's posing for an action figure model? what do they all have in their multi-component shin cargo pockets???
  8. better narrow down exact location more than that....iirc the last one was really decided by like a few counties in particular swing states. the margins are so fucking narrow, i expect this year will be similar enough
  9. yeah, and they owned the miss and corrected as best as possible. any predictions of the future are subject to errors, it's about reducing and tempering expectations (what i'm trying to remind y'all of here when getting downtrodden about polls) lots of Americans benefit in the short and/or long term when an R is in office. the loaf of bread/gas prices/etc usually has little if anything to do with real benefit/loss tho, but it's sometimes sorta related, sometimes a self-fulfilling kind of prophecy. the problem is that 'lots of Americans' is not 'most Americans' ....the idea is to make the most benefit for the largest groups who are currently hurting the most. even the playing field. many Americans don't want that, whether they admit it or not.
  10. sorry didn't read all y'all's posts there but just remember that today is not election day the 538 average of polls is pretty solid, but this far out from election day it doesn't tell you much. all it's good for now is noticing trends, and maybe catching reactions to big huge news events, and some general ideas on strong/weak areas for all candidates 6 months is a long time
  11. saw that this morning, but just because he was a 'founder' of Twitter back when it started doesn't necessarily mean he's going to muddy up the Mastodon pool, who knows his personal approach these days, 15+ years on...it's sure possible tho, no doubt (and one thing's for sure, he's not funny: https://www.instagram.com/bizstone/). they've also started a 'non-profit' which is either a really good thing or a really worrying thing. the conjunction of these two has my antenna up about things.
  12. https://newrepublic.com/article/180487/balaji-srinivasan-network-state-plutocrat for once i really, really hope the CIA is watching this fucker & his friends closely. yknow, to make sure there's no dramatic nonconfirmable accident that happens to him somewhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.