IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Drum Machines

auxien

https://boomkat.com/products/drum-machines

New mixtape from Demdike Stare featuring their own - all previously unheard and unreleased - productions, edits and mixes based around an obsession with drum machines and classic Muzic Box/Ron Hardy/Poindexter/Lil Louis vibes, assembled in typically scuzzed & fucked style.

‘Drum Machines’ sequences an hour of studio fragments in a killer stop/start stream of Roland shrapnel and gnarled samples, done with a freehanded style that surely betrays their influences running from Mage-like Detroit artist Anthony Shakir to garage house pioneer Todd Terry and the ruinous patterns of Aaron Dilloway.

dirty beats from the Stare Brothers

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

bandcamp where

DDS/Modern Love/Boomkat aint got none it seems. unsurprising, BC is essentially a direct competitor. 

listened a couple times now, it's very much a mixtape sorta vibe throughout...lots of sample bits and just weird this and that between plenty of grooves. it's good, but not like 'killer album' stuff, it's more put on in the background while doing a crossword and having a beer or something. but it's good. 

1 hour ago, auxien said:

DDS/Modern Love/Boomkat aint got none it seems. unsurprising, BC is essentially a direct competitor. 

listened a couple times now, it's very much a mixtape sorta vibe throughout...lots of sample bits and just weird this and that between plenty of grooves. it's good, but not like 'killer album' stuff, it's more put on in the background while doing a crossword and having a beer or something. but it's good. 

Yeah, it's no Testpressings or Wonderland, but still a really enjoyable background listen.  Wish they would put out more like this.

image.thumb.png.b5a765bac99e696d628ceeb385f44775.png

that's the one i've been working on for the ~2 hours i've spent listening to this release. i think i'm making progress but still keep erasing because i'm finding mistakes...trying not to cheat so any hints are appreciated. i think most of the answers are Aphex, Aphex Twin, RDJ, AFX, the Dice Man, etc., but i think they messed up when making it, because almost none of them fit. obviously the guitar one isn't Aphex that's silly lol probably Squarepusher i guess idk tho lmao obv ok

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Come on pals you know this is the best thing since Wonderland. 

Great mix, I really hope this one comes out on vinyl but not holding out for that.

also the ‘Fragments’ albums with Jon Colin are tops for some very chill Demdike.

• 1 year later...