IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Testpressings

Redruth

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

can't imagine where it's going to go.

me neither and neither do they by the sounds of it, like the poster above me there said about 50/50 for me too, hit and miss.

yea they sound good, 1 or 2 tracks stick, but most of its done and done, i've loads of records here with similar stuff.

its been good fun, now back to work lads, we know it was just a test.

Dysology, though, is easily one of the most killer tracks they've produced so far.

[youtubehd]VaxRQZFq3Rc[/youtubehd]

listened to these again today and yea thats definitely the best of the 6 test pressing tracks so far for me. the sound of the snare cracking on this is raw as hell.

b-side is a let down, decent house vibe but i've heard it gazillions. sounds like they're having fun with it though.

• 1 month later...

Digital versions now up on Boomkat!

yup and premiering myself in buying flacs from boomkat. The best of their discography next to Tryptych.

Digital versions now up on Boomkat!

yup and premiering myself in buying flacs from boomkat. The best of their discography next to Tryptych.

Yeah just gone for the FLAC's as well- bargin for 6 quid! Enjoying these a lot more than the Elemental stuff- and reminding me what I loved about them from the Tryptych release.

• 3 months later...

last time i saw them do a 'live' scoring it sounded like they were just playing full audio tracks and already released material unaltered from an Abelton Live session. Kinda more like a DJ set, i didn't understand the point of 'scoring' a movie if it was material they've already made and not done in real-time. You honestly didn't miss much..

last time i saw them do a 'live' scoring it sounded like they were just playing full audio tracks and already released material unaltered from an Abelton Live session. Kinda more like a DJ set, i didn't understand the point of 'scoring' a movie if it was material they've already made and not done in real-time. You honestly didn't miss much..

ah okay. that actually makes me feel better.

i saw them 3 separate times and in all of them it just sounded like they did a DJ set of their own tracks, some new stuff in the last two sets I saw them play. unsolicited commentary: Def need some seasoning time to develop an effective live-act

Nebraska, have you ever checked out Contagious Orgasm? Their stuff from the late 90s and before is pretty reminiscent of Demdike stare minus some of the dubbier bassy Orb elements.

Nebraska, have you ever checked out Contagious Orgasm? Their stuff from the late 90s and before is pretty reminiscent of Demdike stare minus some of the dubbier bassy Orb elements.

yes. i think i have (or had at one point) one or two of their records. thanks for mentioning them again though. it's one of those things i hear then i go "oh yeah. that's interesting" but never go back to again

• 3 weeks later...

Archived