IGNORED

Winter/snow/cold song playlist

Himelstein

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

Interesting. Could you describe winter music instead of giving examples? Do you find it colder or bleaker in some kind of way? Does it make you enjoy winter more, or does it make you long for summer?

If it’s frosty cold and clear blue skies I’ll listen to instrumental music (as posted in this thread) hopefully outside in the fresh air, ideally in the countryside. It seems to accentuate the atmosphere around me, almost creating a slight high, like being plugged into the sun and being charged by the rays.  Unfortunately sometimes when the dark comes early that same day I feel a low almost like a drug come down. I find that element of winter tricky, mentally.

When it’s just grim, damp, wet and cold I’ll usually isolate myself down the shed (it’s more like a wooden man cave, with windows, heater, desk and small bathroom) get a load of beer/takeaway in and play loads of metal/alternative stuff as loud as my speakers will go. Which is great fun as in the spring and summer it would upset the neighbours but in winter everyone’s indoors. Those days can be better than the sunny days ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For falling snow:

For walking in snow/enjoying snowy landscape:

This whole album:

Also:  Chiastic Slide,
The Cure - Disintegration is an album I always associate with December, Bloodflowers too actually
And if I was ever going to revisit Sigur Ros ( ) it would be on a snowy day

• Like 1

Nobody mentioned Squarepusher - Tundra? Probably I overlooked it.

Ralph Vaughan Williams - Sinfonia Antarctica

... Grim, cold, the struggles of survival... 

Edited by WurstPLUS