IGNORED

Mark Zuckerberg and team consider shutting down Facebook and Instagram in Europe

cern

7 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

have read and seen some tv stuff about his hawaii estate and how he's gobbling up land there. seems a dick move ay? considering colonialism and how land has changed hands and passed down in indigenous families there property rules far from norm for westerners.. he's kinda steamrolling some of that in places.. it's fucked really. 

thiel is a fuckn fascist. fuck that guy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thefxbip said:

Myspace being like:

''join me, my brother, in the realms of digital obsolescence''

Plz yes

WATMM shall survive all the social media.

Long live thy nerds forum.

random side note: before myspace there was friendster, which is what I recall as being the first of the social media sites that people started posting their actual face pictures on. IMO that was the start of the social media descent. intertwining who you are IRLwith your online commentary. when everyone could see who it was that saying that. I truly believe there is value in online anonymous discourse, like another outlet for thoughts or some shit.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zero said:

random side note: before myspace there was friendster, which is what I recall as being the first of the social media sites that people started posting their actual face pictures on. IMO that was the start of the social media descent. intertwining who you are IRLwith your online commentary. when everyone could see who it was that saying that. I truly believe there is value in online anonymous discourse, like another outlet for thoughts or some shit.

at the individual social level they are anonymous.  at the tech giant and ISP level they are not.  there's value in both and things are rapidly getting worse in both of those domains of freedom

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Audioblysk said:

For christ sakes just go fuck off to your island and do drugs + live like a king like a sane person would. Rich people are so weird. You won the game. Fuck off and go enjoy the life all of us are missing out on while trying to stay financially afloat. Cunts. 

He won the game BECAUSE he is the type of dude who won't just quit and go off to his island to relax.  That's how you win almost any game, work hard enough so that you won't be able to enjoy it when it's over, because everyone else won't be willing to give up that much.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 11:52 PM, Audioblysk said:

For christ sakes just go fuck off to your island and do drugs + live like a king like a sane person would. Rich people are so weird. You won the game. Fuck off and go enjoy the life all of us are missing out on while trying to stay financially afloat. Cunts. 

I agree but this didn't work out well for John McAfee

Or Jeffrey Epstein

• Big Brain 1