IGNORED

Tour Dates 2023

Rubin Farr

woah/whoa.........

https://on.soundcloud.com/7XhMh

From the AphexTwin reddit: 

Here is the pretty much full set from Sonar Barcelona 2023

mp3 dl in the link: https://on.soundcloud.com/7XhMh

Bigups to sonicvlue for uploading most of the set to youtube (link below), I added the intro from my recording of the set and retouched sound in a daw to bring up the details.

Video of the set: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiOA_NbAcjM

Enjoy!

Haven't had a chance to give it a proper listen yet, definitely going to check out later on when home

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

such a poor take to call this set edm.. if anything his recent sets have been a callback to old rave culture, heavy breakbeats mixed with 21st century laser music, jungle, straight up noisy hardcore. if all you see is a cube and go "oh deadmau5" when watching afx then you're prob some normie anyway who is not really afx's demographic.. so one dimensional. what does this even mean: "Simply playing records or pushing buttons may work at the club, but as soon as an artist is placed on an elevated stage in a giant room, they’re playing the EDM game, whether they like it or not." 
I've been to so many psytrance festivals with big stages.. the edm game is this

not this:

Aphex Twin Shares New Song “Blackbox Life Recorder 21f”: Listen | Pitchfork

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

such a poor take to call this set edm.. if anything his recent sets have been a callback to old rave culture, heavy breakbeats mixed with 21st century laser music, jungle, straight up noisy hardcore. if all you see is a cube and go "oh deadmau5" when watching afx then you're prob some normie anyway who is not really afx's demographic.. so one dimensional. what does this even mean: "Simply playing records or pushing buttons may work at the club, but as soon as an artist is placed on an elevated stage in a giant room, they’re playing the EDM game, whether they like it or not." 
I've been to so many psytrance festivals with big stages.. the edm game is this

not this:

Aphex Twin Shares New Song “Blackbox Life Recorder 21f”: Listen | Pitchfork

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Best Kept Secret gig is my fave of the tour so far

yep yep sun just went down, raving by a lake, smokin' a joint

:aphexsign:

• Like 2

Was any support announced for the Verona show yet? Leo Anibaldi, Lory D, Bochum Welt, D'Arcangelo, potential for that to be gig of the tour with it outside of the festival circuit I reckon, flights and accom made it an awkward option 

• Big Brain 1

6 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Was any support announced for the Verona show yet? Leo Anibaldi, Lory D, Bochum Welt, D'Arcangelo, potential for that to be gig of the tour with it outside of the festival circuit I reckon, flights and accom made it an awkward option 

AFX/Arca tour. Make it happen. 

• Burger 1

Really got stuck into the Sonar set recently - my god its intense and relentless - love it! 

Of course ending with "Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount" was so lush and nostalgic etc but its what he did with the EQ for lack of a better term to pound those rhthymns and almost vocode them.. as well as the subtle glitch effects - just perfection

He ended with this track in LA 2002 btw

• Like 1

I haven't listened to this in ages, fuckin amazing track how the fuck is he just sitting on this after playing it at that gig 4 years ago, I hope he plays that at one of the gigs I'm going to soon, go bezerk, the crowd at Coachella were absolutely shit just standing there as he played it

Shit I meant for that to link to coachella wk2 track 4 but it didn't work properly

It's at 1h39m

On 6/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, Mattthegoone said:

D'Arcangelo has now been announced, my crystal ball is glowing

I'm coming to London for the Field Day Festival. What are the best places to stay? I stayed in SoHo before but didn't really leave it besides visiting the tourist areas and Shoreditch.

Edited by DavieAddison

makes wish to the afx gods

"all aphex set, all aphex set"

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

• Like 1