IGNORED

Sandwell District - Feed Forward (re-release)

1 hour ago, NewSchoolScience said:

Appears to have a track (Surrender to the Unknown) that didn't feature on the original (three) versions of Feed Forward from back in the day
https://bleep.com/release/385751-sandwell-district-feed-forward

This track is up on Spotify 

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 6:35 PM, beerwolf said:

This track is up on Spotify 

This is new to me and I’m loving this track 

Most sought after techno release in last 2 decades. Has its own mythology at this point...so i'm not surprised at all by the price or demand. It's a scarper's dream too of course...i got a copy pre-ordered at Rough Trade - was gone everywhere else i looked. The reissue of 'Voices From Teh Lake' is terrible timing unless you're super wealthy.

They're playing 2 shows in Japan so i think they'll do more and i'm sur ethis will lead to more releases. I think they're just too creative for this not to happen when they work together.

It's a nice album, I was a huge Sandwell District fanboy when they and the label were active, so I've got everything released on the label. The unreleased track is nice, but I won't buy the new vinyl version as I've got the OG one. Some of the SD material hasn't really stood the test of time (most of the thematic variations are almost boring), but there are some absolutely essential releases and tracks in their back catalogue (Function, Kalon, Rrose etc.). I've always thought that some of the very early releases got way too little attention - Untergang/Untergang 2, Hurt Me I'm Waiting, Serverlan and Avon/Cally Remix - people started to pay attention when Function's Isolation came out, but there were plenty of worthwhile releases before it.

Edited by dcom

• 9 months later...