IGNORED

Besides the featured artists, who are your faves in the genre?

hoggy

On 8/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, ambermonk said:

Funkstörung

I was such a fan of them back in the day but for some reason their music hasn’t aged all that well.

In addition to everything that was mentioned above (especially Mouse on Mars - that they do not have their own featured section is criminal):

FX Randomiz.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hoggy said:

I'd add Otto von Schirach, Hecate/Rachel Kozak, SKM-ETR, Doormouse also

Similar vein being Vorpal and Jason Forrest (DJ DONNA SUMMER).

I skimmed and tried to remember what people posted, so apologies if I repeat anything or if y'all think they don't fit: Abelcain, Faust, Adult., Akufen, Decomposure, Ambulance (re: Sunken Foal), Anklepants, Automatic Tasty, Barry Lynn aka Boxcutter, Lexaunculpt, bye2, Cayos, Cdatakill, Enduser, Cex, Chevron, Crash Course in Science, Gatekeeper, Extrawelt, Frog Pocket, Hecq, Helios, Hexstatic, Jackson and His Computerband, Jeswa (of Phoenecia, anything the Phoenecia guys have done really, Takeshi Muto, Soul Oddity, etc.), Jetone (Tim Hecker's early stuff), Jon Hopkins, Kelpe, kid606, Kollectiv Turmstrasse, Leila, Lindstrom, Machine Girl, Meat Bingo, Modeselektor, Nero's Day At Disneyland, NHK'Koyxen (Kouhei Matsunaga), Noisia, Not Half, ONRA, Zavoloka, Philippe Laurent, Pulsewidthmod, Push Button Objects, Puzzleweasel, SAYOHIMEBOU, Secret Frequency Crew, SEWERSLVT, Si Begg, Stephan Bodzin, Syl Kougai (don't give him your money though, he's a nutjob), Terminal 11, Teenage Bad Girl, Vitalic, The Gasman, Tipper, TRS-80, Twerk,  Vaetxh, Pantha Du Prince, wAgAwAgA.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xyrofen said:

I skimmed and tried to remember what people posted, so apologies if I repeat anything or if y'all think they don't fit: Abelcain, Faust, Adult., Akufen, Decomposure, Ambulance (re: Sunken Foal), Anklepants, Automatic Tasty, Barry Lynn aka Boxcutter, Lexaunculpt, bye2, Cayos, Cdatakill, Enduser, Cex, Chevron, Crash Course in Science, Gatekeeper, Extrawelt, Frog Pocket, Hecq, Helios, Hexstatic, Jackson and His Computerband, Jeswa (of Phoenecia, anything the Phoenecia guys have done really, Takeshi Muto, Soul Oddity, etc.), Jetone (Tim Hecker's early stuff), Jon Hopkins, Kelpe, kid606, Kollectiv Turmstrasse, Leila, Lindstrom, Machine Girl, Meat Bingo, Modeselektor, Nero's Day At Disneyland, NHK'Koyxen (Kouhei Matsunaga), Noisia, Not Half, ONRA, Zavoloka, Philippe Laurent, Pulsewidthmod, Push Button Objects, Puzzleweasel, SAYOHIMEBOU, Secret Frequency Crew, SEWERSLVT, Si Begg, Stephan Bodzin, Syl Kougai (don't give him your money though, he's a nutjob), Terminal 11, Teenage Bad Girl, Vitalic, The Gasman, Tipper, TRS-80, Twerk,  Vaetxh, Pantha Du Prince, wAgAwAgA.

Remember chatting with vorpal online. Great guy. Amazing tunes. 

Just now, aderei said:

Remember chatting with vorpal online. Great guy. Amazing tunes. 

I still revisit his tunes. I'm slightly ashamed that some of his tracks were either my introduction to or what finally educated me in the name of the classical pieces he samples.

Miss him putting out music, but everything eventually ends and hope he's well.

58 minutes ago, xyrofen said:

Are they your favourites though, do you listen a lot to any of them in particular?

1 hour ago, prdctvsm said:

Zoviet France

I might be missing something but I thought they were more made on electroacoustic instruments?

On 8/8/2023 at 1:16 AM, hoggy said:

Are they your favourites though, do you listen a lot to any of them in particular?

I like everyone I listed, but to pick favorites/make heavy recommendations that most fit what I think you are going for: Lexaunculpt, Sunken Foal (especially the Friday Syndrome volumes), Frog Pocket, Jackson and His Computerband, Jon Hopkins, Secret Frequency Crew (only two main releases).

• Like 1

My most significant musical discoveries of the past 10 years were OPN and Yellow Magic Orchestra / Ryuichi Sakamoto.

The usual suspects of French Touch 2.0 (Justice, SebastiAn, Para One...) will also forever hold a special place in my heart.

(also, why isn't this thread in the Music Discussion subforum??)

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, cern said:

Tipper is hot atm!!!

For years he’s had a huge following in USA from playing all kinds of festivals and one offs. He lived here in portland for a while. Super nice dude.

He gets booked all festival season on the west coast. Releases do well too

• Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 1:57 AM, xyrofen said:

Secret Frequency Crew (only two main releases).

that's a name I haven't heard in a while. shame they couldn't have kept going. the EP + album are both excellent. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zero said:

that's a name I haven't heard in a while. shame they couldn't have kept going. the EP + album are both excellent. 

From what I could gather (looking at their Discogs pages), they went their separate ways and did work for/with others.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/547394-Matthew-Friedman

https://www.discogs.com/artist/547393-Adrian-Michna https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michna_(electronic_artist)

https://www.discogs.com/artist/547395-Matthew-Brown-3?anv=Matt Brown&filter_anv=1

• Like 1