IGNORED

Besides the featured artists, who are your faves in the genre?

hoggy

Besides the featured artists (plus the conspicuously missing Venetian Snares), who do you listen to the most, whose music excites you the most, who are you a big fan of? I mean stuff that is in the same rough genre as those ones - IDM, braindance, breakcore, weirdo progressive electronic music, whatever

(the featured ones are Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards of Canada, Ceephax, Clark, Luke Vibert,  µ-Ziq, Plaid, Squarepusher)

Probably OPN. Returnal, Replica and R+7 are classics. Some tracks from Drifts, Commisions 1 also fantastic. Not really keen on Age Of and Magic. And Garden Of Delete needs revisiting. So hoping his new album will be more my cup of tea ☕️ than his recent releases. Though I wouldn’t consider myself a huge Four Tet fan, checking my electronic playlists would suggest otherwise…

But to be honest if I could only ever listen to Autechre, BOC and Aphex I wouldn’t be to upset. I was never a electronic music purist anyway, more of a metal/alternative rock guy who had a side hobby in electronic music which somehow took over as my main genre of interest. And that’s probably down to Autechre who kept on releasing brilliant music.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Aleksi Perälä. We need to pool our resources to listen to all of his music and point out the gems.

Funny you say that, I keep quite a keen eye on Spotify listening statistics, if you go through his recent back catalog you will see a lot of albums where most tracks have one to two thousand plays but then maybe a random couple on an album that have seven or twelve or twenty thousand plays. Which would suggest there be the ? 

I was thinking of spending a Sunday going through them seeing what I can find.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

Alva noto, qebrus, datach'i, venetian snares, coki, emptyset, current value, arca, mark pritchard, mark fell, coil, opn, gabor lazar, xanopticon, tim exile, hudson mohawk, flying lotus and many more

• Like 7

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Funny you say that, I keep quite a keen eye on Spotify listening statistics, if you go through his recent back catalog you will see a lot of albums where most tracks have one to two thousand plays but then maybe a random couple on an album that have seven or twelve or twenty thousand plays. Which would suggest there be the ? 

I was thinking of spending a Sunday going through them seeing what I can find.

I would be interested in your findings 

• Like 1

Trackermatte, Kettel, Datach'i, Bola, Leo Anibaldi, Dave Monolith, Biosphere, ASC, Arovane, Abfahrt Hinwil, Loscil, SDEM, Christ., Jan Jelinek, lovetrip, Vladislav Delay, Proem, Pleq, Phonem, EOD, Last Step, Leafar Legov, Gimmick etc etc.. 

I can go on all night :music:

• Like 4

stuff i play a lot:

grischa lichtenberger

SDEM

funckarma and all their aliases. so many jams in all that

phoenecia

was hooked on Jega, Mr. 76ix, Bola at times. Jega has some of my fav all time tracks. the Slashing Cousin 'fallen gods' release is something i like. 

LFO

i'll binge Mira Calix sometimes

kanding ray gets some play too. 

idk.. i have playlists w/tons of tracks from many different artists... i'm bad at remembering names though. 

• Like 6

Listened to a fair amount of Brothomstates and Funkstörung back in the early oughts. Lately it's been VHS Head and LFO (esp. Frequencies), and sometimes The Bug. And one could almost include Rey Sapienz & the Congo Techno Ensemble in this genre.

EDIT: Team Doyobi...can't believe I forgot them. But I don't think they've released anything in nearly a decade.

Edited by ambermonk
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

was hooked on Jega, Mr. 76ix, Bola at times. Jega has some of my fav all time tracks. the Slashing Cousin 'fallen gods' release is something i like. 

Oh Jega.. One banger was the Geometry track.. That whole album is pretty good but I never got into more of it.. 
Any favorite tracks? 

4 minutes ago, ambermonk said:

Listened to a fair amount of Brothomstates and Funkstörung back in the early oughts. Lately it's been VHS Head and LFO (esp. Frequencies), and sometimes The Bug. And one could almost include Rey Sapienz & the Congo Techno Ensemble in this genre.

Yeah Brothomstates is gold! Very talent guy from Finland who went under the name "Dune" in the Demo Scene smashing hits in Scream Tracker!
Then Warp came along and signed him a release! So dope! 

I like David Moufang aka Move D alot also!
Very rad stuff he make and many gems in the Fax label for sure! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cern said:

Oh Jega.. One banger was the Geometry track.. That whole album is pretty good but I never got into more of it.. 
Any favorite tracks? 

i like the whole geometry album and tend to listen to the whole thing whenever i put it on. the Card Hore Ep is nice. i have that vinyl. 

have always thought that "break point envelope" is kind of an updated version of Stainless Steel Drum. I used to play them both in DJ sets. 

oh, richard devine.. can't forget him.. there's some tracks of his that kill me. lipswitch has some jams but he's got some remixes and bits here and there that slay imo. actually.. his oddJobs remix.. if you skip ahead a little bit. there's a repetitive part that i used as a place to mix into.. and it would fit really well w/the above jega tracks. 

• Like 5

@ignatius Thanks alot! 

Im right onto his 2 debut EP's on SKAM: Phlax and Card Hore.. I like Geometry specialy the main track!
Even if I love SKAM so much sometimes I can be little bit put off with the extremely chopped up breakbeats and glitches with 0 melodies.. 

Richard Devine is probably good... I love hearing some of his tunes he makes with his space machine but have never enjoyed his releases that much. 

• Like 1