Picked up this gem today. Nice to have all the tracks on one slab instead of split over two… 

IMG_7354.jpeg

IMG_7355.jpeg

Edited by hayhook
  • Like 2

Oh nice, didn't even know that was coming out. Might have to check if any of my local stores have it

• hayhook changed the title to Global Communication - Maiden Voyage (RSD2024)

I spoke with Mark. MOV was in contact with them for this release (they weren’t on the previous ones…) He signed off on it for quality control. (Proper original masters and art/packaging.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Global Communication - Maiden Voyage (RSD 2024)

Perhaps i’m missing something, but I’m surprised they don’t credit tangerine dream. They basically remade this track. Even though I love the global communication version. Glad they made it. But to do it uncredited feels like cheating to me. Interested to hear your thoughts. 

also:

https://medium.com/12edit/global-communication-76-14-story-behind-the-album-b1fe01658bd8

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Perhaps i’m missing something, but I’m surprised they don’t credit tangerine dream. They basically remade this track. Even though I love the global communication version. Glad they made it. But to do it uncredited feels like cheating to me. Interested to hear your thoughts. 

That track stirred up a lot of confusing feelings when I first saw that scene from the film as a kid - think it induced a pavlovian response so that now I feel a little bit sexy whenever I hear a good arpeggio

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

also:

https://medium.com/12edit/global-communication-76-14-story-behind-the-album-b1fe01658bd8

It was also reworked into this song, which isn't as well known unfortunately, because Miracle Mile is one of my fav movies of all time, absolutely classic.

listen to all 3 tracks, lots of similarities

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

It was also reworked into this song, which isn't as well known unfortunately, because Miracle Mile is one of my fav movies of all time, absolutely classic.

listen to all 3 tracks, lots of similarities

they also reused this theme in another movie lol

and yeah, i always thought it was weird that GC just kinda remade this song (i love their version) without credit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1