IGNORED

New book: Aphex Twin - A Disco Pogo Tribute

Alex

"The next instalment in the Disco Pogo Tribute series is the legendary electronic artist Aphex Twin.

This follows the hugely successful Disco Pogo Tribute to Daft Punk. Like Daft Punk, the people behind Disco Pogo have had a long-standing relationship with Richard D. James for over 30 years via their 90s magazine Jockey Slut.

The book is edited by Disco Pogo editor Jim Butler and features interviews, essays and features from the best music journalists working today.

The book features an iconic cover portrait of Aphex by seminal photographer Wolfgang Tillmans, plus a huge amount of great photography of Richard since the very beginning from some of the best music photographers in the world.

Thanks also to the designer of Aphex's logo Paul Nicholson who has opened up his archives to us and also the assistance and support from the label homes of Aphex - Warp, R&S and Rephlex. Thanks also to the people behind Aphex fan website Lanner Chronicle.

The book is hardback, 250 plus pages and is beautifully designed and printed of course.

Pre-order now. Shipping October 2024."

https://discopogo.ochre.store/merch/466898-aphex-twin-aphex-twin-a-disco-pogo-tribute

aphex pogo.png

aphex pogo 2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hey so just bought it… taking a leap of faith on this… hope it has some new interesting I still might not know already… I look at the other ones by Pogo like the Datft Punk one and seems okay

5 hours ago, Ski Nell said:

Willing to buy if it contains any new old photos or shelved interviews

Otherwise i'll pass

Fuck yeah, old photos. Uuunnnnngh. 

• Haha 2

probably it is there the photo were he has his titties hard. Last time I saw it was here ages ago.

Edited by geosmina

I've got one coming, I'm a book person (probably about 40 shelf-metres of 'em, taking more space than the vinyl, which take up only about 25), so it's nice to have one on RDJ.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 7:55 AM, shelly said:

It’s not. From what I understand it’s a very well rounded tribute encompassing work from many authors, rather a compilation of existing pieces. 🙂

Thank you. Now I’m quite excited… First “official” Aphex merch I buy in my life.

Tempted for myself, it will also make for a good birthday present for a mate. 

On 8/11/2024 at 3:23 PM, dcom said:

[...]I'm a book person (probably about 40 shelf-metres of 'em, taking more space than the vinyl, which take up only about 25)

Tangent. I am sure you posted an interesting Finnish book a few years ago in the books thread, lots of typographical tricks and deviance, it looked really well designed. Does that ring any bells? I'd like to track it down. 

1 hour ago, Scaramouche said:

I am sure you posted an interesting Finnish book a few years ago in the books thread, lots of typographical tricks and deviance, it looked really well designed. Does that ring any bells? I'd like to track it down. 

Wasn't me, I would remember - but there are not a lot of options what it may have been, my first guess would be Esa Saarinen and Mark C. Taylor's Imagologies, designed by Marjaana Virta, lots of deconstructed and glitchy type and graphics, very much like David Carson's style, but mostly in B/W. The only thing I can find from the thread itself is Neuromaani by Jaakko Yli-Juonikas, I have that somewhere, too, but I don't remember it being unconventionally designed. Maybe @zkom remembers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dcom said:

Wasn't me, I would remember - but there are not a lot of options what it may have been, my first guess would be Esa Saarinen and Mark C. Taylor's Imagologies, designed by Marjaana Virta, lots of deconstructed and glitchy type and graphics, very much like David Carson's style, but mostly in B/W. The only thing I can find from the thread itself is Neuromaani by Jaakko Yli-Juonikas, I have that somewhere, too, but I don't remember it being unconventionally designed. Maybe @zkom remembers?

All that comes to my mind is Neuromaani. Which I was actually thinking of, uh, reading (playing?) again.

Just finished Ylijuonikas's "horse girl" series. (Except for the last one which is almost impossible to get) Also very bizarre.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...