IGNORED

Anyone got the Aphex logo as a tattoo?

Guest MRSG

I don't judge people with tatt's, some of my best mates have them. Just think since David Beckham made them trendy, the whole world seems to of gone tattoo crazy, and whereas once upon a time I thought they were really fucking cool and edgy, now I think its being a victim of fashion. And thats not me brother.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't judge people with tatt's, some of my best mates have them. Just think since David Beckham made them trendy, the whole world seems to of gone tattoo crazy, and whereas once upon a time I thought they were really fucking cool and edgy, now I think its being a victim of fashion. And thats not me brother.

A few of my friends have tattoos too, proper hardcore into them. One of them just got a MASSIVE tattoo on his stomach finished of some punk band's tour artwork. He tries to give the whole "It'll always be a part of me" reason for getting them, but as you said beerwolf, it is most definitely a fashion statement. Now I would never say any of this to my friends as I value their friendship but sometimes it frustrates me, not just their tattoos but the idea in general. I'm not dissing all tattoos as I know in some cultural traditions they are a right of passage and all that jazz, it's just the modern westernised usage that irks me. /rant

Have been doubting to get one for years now, as well as a Rephlex tattoo. I know I saw a very nice Rephlex one through Grant's facebook (probably from someone here?) which I was quite jealous of, but I totally agree with you guys above + everytime when I have the $$$ for a decent tattoo I'd rather buy records from it anyway..

Did meet a guy from Ireland a few years ago at Dour who had an Aphex tattoo on his wrist so when you wore a watch it wasn't visible. Smart thinking.

Have been doubting to get one for years now, as well as a Rephlex tattoo. I know I saw a very nice Rephlex one through Grant's facebook (probably from someone here?) which I was quite jealous of, but I totally agree with you guys above + everytime when I have the $$$ for a decent tattoo I'd rather buy records from it anyway..

Did meet a guy from Ireland a few years ago at Dour who had an Aphex tattoo on his wrist so when you wore a watch it wasn't visible. Smart thinking.

I don't get the whole ability to hide tattoos either, why would you get something tattooed that you would prefer to be able to cover up. I suppose in certain work environments they are frowned upon but then why would jeopardise certain elements of your life. I think the main issue for me is why do people feel the need to tattoo something they love or that means so much to them on their body, surly if you know you love something so much do you need to prove it to yourself in such a silly way? I'm not articulating myself the best but I think there's a gist of an opinion in there.

I met a fella from Ireland who had an Aphex tattoo on his wrist, pretty cool. I asked to borrow his lighter, said his tattoo was cool and then walked off.

I'd get a tattoo if I could envision something I want on my body for the rest of my life, but I can't so I haven't got one.

Have been doubting to get one for years now, as well as a Rephlex tattoo. I know I saw a very nice Rephlex one through Grant's facebook (probably from someone here?) which I was quite jealous of, but I totally agree with you guys above + everytime when I have the $$$ for a decent tattoo I'd rather buy records from it anyway..Did meet a guy from Ireland a few years ago at Dour who had an Aphex tattoo on his wrist so when you wore a watch it wasn't visible. Smart thinking.
I don't get the whole ability to hide tattoos either, why would you get something tattooed that you would prefer to be able to cover up. I suppose in certain work environments they are frowned upon but then why would jeopardise certain elements of your life. I think the main issue for me is why do people feel the need to tattoo something they love or that means so much to them on their body, surly if you know you love something so much do you need to prove it to yourself in such a silly way? I'm not articulating myself the best but I think there's a gist of an opinion in there.
agree entirely

Don't get a tattoo of a band/artist name/symbol. Not cool.
agree entirely

Don't get a tattoo of a band/artist name/symbol. Not cool.

agree entirely
My friend got a Red Hot Chili Peppers logo tattoo on his back a LONG time ago.

It's a cool looking tattoo, if you don't know what it is.

By today's standards, he looks a little like a fucking dumbass for getting it. He just has to remind himself they were good at one point.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just tattooed (yes I do that myself, prison style (inb4: idiot, hipster, retard, dangerous etc.)) a very small, about 2 cm, Aphex Twin logo on my leg, inside a circle I've done about 2 years ago.

I've thought about it for a really long time and this week seemed like a good time to do it.

Archived