nine inch nails - year zero

playbynumbers

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest endangered betche
stabbing westward

:pinch:

Thank you very much, I had forgotten they existed.

:whistling:

I thought Only from With Teeth was all right, but that's not saying much.

Guest Ron Manager
wish he'd shutup and just make an album like the slower stuff on the fragile and the still album...

not too excited about this....even if i think the last one had it's moments...

yeah, i kind of liked the direction still was going. then he gave up drink. douchebag

wish he'd shutup and just make an album like the slower stuff on the fragile and the still album...

not too excited about this....even if i think the last one had it's moments...

yeah, i kind of liked the direction still was going. then he gave up drink. douchebag

yeah, trent should go back to the sauce and drugs..made better music then.

i think i might actually be the only person on earth who liked 'with teeth'

and his lyrics have always been terrible, i sure hope nobody is listening to nin for the lyrics

Agreed his lyrics have never been great, but With Teeth took the biscuit in that department. He even went as far as to yoink a lyric from his first album on WT.

i think i might actually be the only person on earth who liked 'with teeth'

and his lyrics have always been terrible, i sure hope nobody is listening to nin for the lyrics

well they really fuckin hit home when i was in middle school back when god owed me a great big apology

god and i have made up though

also i discovered the joys of three syllable words

now i just wish he could make his depression a little more abstract

but production-wise i found with teeth thin and cheap. like i understand he went in and banged out these songs because he was like fuck it after slaving away on something else for a long time. but they could use more grit if he wants to give it a rough feel.

his voice sounds like shit too, it sounded good 10 years ago but now it's totally shot

there's no hope :(

well they really fuckin hit home when i was in middle school back when god owed me a great big apology

i mean, yeah, they weren't all bad on TDS ... 'hurt' has some incredible lyrics. but overall, hopefully you'll agree that his lyrics are terrible

but production-wise i found with teeth thin and cheap. like i understand he went in and banged out these songs because he was like fuck it after slaving away on something else for a long time. but they could use more grit if he wants to give it a rough feel.

his voice sounds like shit too, it sounded good 10 years ago but now it's totally shot

the production was a bit weak on with teeth, yeah ... i dunno, maybe he just had to get that album out of his system so he can go back to something more like the fragile

the production was a bit weak on with teeth, yeah ... i dunno, maybe he just had to get that album out of his system so he can go back to something more like the fragile

It's funny, because when With Teeth was released I remember everyone from critics to fans saying the production was amazing and I was thinking "What the fuck!?"

Such a let down it was

Nine Inch Nails.

Ever since day one, Ive had this very unique mental impression of NIN.

It's like a whole mental video that goes on.

Like an artist, sitting in a postoral little European villa. He is perhaps eatting a light lunch, like a salad or some fresh corn from a field. He sits and paints, creating a splendid work of art. Painstakingly crafting every little minute detail of the image, until it is utterly breathtaking.

Then he drops 'em and shits all over it. Horrid, disgusting, smelly shits. With pieces (teeth?).

That's what happens every time you open your mouth Trent. Shit, with pieces, falls out. Please stop it. Please.

i mean, yeah, they weren't all bad on TDS ... 'hurt' has some incredible lyrics. but overall, hopefully you'll agree that his lyrics are terrible

yes well that's my point, he connects with middleschoolers. his lyrics are terrible.

i wouldnt mind if he kept releasing shit albums just as long as he put out excellent remix counterparts of them like Fixed and Further down the spiral.

i met him once at, of all places E3 video game conference. I told him how much of a fan he was and how because of him i got into artists like aphex twin and coil. He just gave me this dirty-ass look like he thought i was the most annoying fan ever. He looked extremely upset that i recognized him.

I agree with pretty much every bad word about With Teeth on here, sad to say. It's the only album I own where the lyrics actually make me cringe at points... same with the delivery. I heard he used the demo "scratch tracks" for a lot of the final vocal takes, which explains a bit. His lyrics have always been kind of meh for the most part, but before they sounded like angsty lyrics written by someone who'd been honing the craft of writing angsty lyrics. On With Teeth they sound more like what that angsty adult was writing as an angsty preteen who didn't yet have a grasp on grammar. It's just such an ugly caricature of what he'd written in the past. I honestly don't understand how he can still be writing about the same shit after all this time... anyway. PS: NIN was pretty much my favorite artist up until this album's release. Hehe, I feel like an asshole everytime I talk about With Teeth. I actually really like the last three songs. Beside you in Time and Right Where it Belongs are two of my very favorite NIN songs. But by the time I get there I'm usually kind of worn out by all the things I didn't like about the songs preceeding it. Yep. There are still a lot of things I like about the album, but considering I adored everything else he ever released aside from PHM, it was a pretty big disappointment. I'll still buy the new one when it comes out and hope for the best. I don't regret buying With Teeth or anything, just find a lot of the things about it kind of lame. I like the production, though even in that department it's his weakest since PHM. Ugh... must... stop... complaining...

Guest Ron Manager
Posted on [12_13_2006] by trentreznor

Is it possible I am actually finished writing and recording a new nine inch nails record? Apparently so. We begin mixing in January!

Juggling fifteen all-new tracks around. Testing sequences. No leftovers from "with teeth". Highly conceptual. Quite noisy. Fucking cool.

Archived