i'd like to hear a project much more in the vein of still

but clearly it's his choice what he should decide to write. it's also my choice to withhold my consumer dollar from buying any additional albums/concert tickets if things continue to head in this direction.

maybe he should take some cues from MBV and make the lyrics very very low and indistinct in the mix?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AlexPallas

still was quality, after that he 'broke down' and stopped doing drugs. i believe he was at the height of his drug use during the fragile.

SMASH APART THIS GOVERNMENT

LAZERS ROBOTS MARTIANS

WITH SCABS ON THEM

GONNA SMASH APART THIS GOVERNMENT

THE SCABBY MARTIANS

COME FROM SPACE

THEY'RE GONNA SMASH APART

THIS FUCKIN PLACE

THE BROKEN ROBOT PIGS

ARE MADE OF WIRES

THEYRE GONNA SMASH APART

OUR DESIRES

FUCK!!

GOVERNMENT TOTALLY SUCKS!

*minimalist keyboard solo--only 1 note used*

GEORGE BUSH IS DUMB

HE SUCKS HIS THUMB

WHILE PEOPLE DIE

BLOOD COMES FROM THE SKY

MARTIANS SMASH IT ALL APART

MARTIANS TAKE THIS SHIT AWAY

MARTIANS MAKE A FRESH NEW START

MARTAINS MAKE THESE PEOPLE PAY!!!

FUCK!!

GOVERNMENT TOTALLY SUCKS!!!

ZOMG MEGA ROFL!

I especially like the minimal keyboard solo part

Guest AlexPallas

hyperpower: a song with very fast drums, heavy distortion and screaming, in other words a rip off of Alec Empire

the beginning of the end: mild industrial with chorus effects applied to a piano, slow song which 'grows in layers'

survivalism: another atr rip off however will have 'clever' guitar riff which gets overplayed

the good soldier: 'right where it belongs' meets 'sunspots'

vessel: the completed version of 'a violet fluid'

me, i'm not: a filler track with slow vocals and industrial sounds, reminiscent of a b-side off david bowie's outside

capital g: a mash-up of public enemy run through filters

my violent heart: a my chemical romance cover

the warning: a stripped down b-side from broken

god given: a b-side to billy corgans solo album

meet your master: a collaboration with metallica

the greater good: trent accepts jesus christ as his saviour

the great destroyer: a remix of alec empires 'the destroyer'

another version of the truth: 'right where it belongs' remix

in this twilight: a piano and electric guitar duet

zero-sum: a filler noise track

http://anotherversionofthetruth.com/

you can wipe away "america is born again" to reveal "another version of the truth, which brings you to a faux forum talking about the end times

apparantly fans found this site by noticing highlighted letters on the back of a tour shirt

Sometimes I feel as though I ought to be into sci-fi, 'cos on the surface of it I seem like the kinda guy who would be, but it's like naah. It's like, I can't get into Voivod 'cos of that stuff.

Well, thanks Trent. You were great to wallow to at the height(?) of my wallowing.

i like trent better when he use(s)(d) live drums

absolutely

or at least real wicked sounding drums (i think there were plenty of live drums on with teeth), that's like a huge problem i had with the fragile, the drums were fucking WONKY. though chris vrenna makes dooshy music himself, i think he did a lot for nin.

Hmm...the track was intentionally leaked and found on a flash drive in the bathroom at the Portugal show.

Wonder if the mp3 player with Drukqs on it was in the next stall.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/view...55a9bfc9463f5fb

Edit:

i like trent better when he use(s)(d) live drums

The only albums he really did that on (prea teetha) was broken from what i know, and the some on the fragile. There were only like 2 tracks on tds with live drums, piggy and big man with a gun (tommy lee). I could be wrong though.

The rest of tds was from an akai sampler with numerous banks of sampled chris vrenna one shots/playing. Chris had a lot to do with some of those "wicked sounding" drums imo (just an opinion not a fact...i dunno ...wasn't there). His last hurrah was Perfect Drug which was awesome.

I like how far he's going with the marketing campaign. Fun idea.

The violent heart song is not a good song, but the production is nifty. I hope he doesn't do the nursery rhyme rap thing with all his verses on this album.

Its pretty sweet. Some elements are kind of rediculously predictable. Especially when he sings at the beginning. But the energy is really nice and the dynamics. The last half is awesome too. Was with teeth any good?

Its pretty sweet. Some elements are kind of rediculously predictable. Especially when he sings at the beginning. But the energy is really nice and the dynamics. The last half is awesome too. Was with teeth any good?

with teeth was terrible

Im confused by the love of this track. I didn't think it was very good.

well you see there's something called "people that don't have the same opinion as you," and they're everywhere.

with teeth was terrible

Im confused by the love of this track. I didn't think it was very good.

well you see there's something called "people that don't have the same opinion as you," and they're everywhere.

yes, but in the same way that I can't understand why people like garden gnomes, or couches with floral prints or praying to Jeebus or want to be salespeople, I can't understand why people like this song. I still accept that people do, I just can't understand why, because I don't.

Message From Trent:

"This record began as an experiment with noise on a laptop in a bus on tour somewhere. That sound led to a daydream about the end of the world. That daydream stuck with me and over time revealed itself to be much more. I believe sometimes you have a choice in what inspiration you choose to follow and other times you really don't. This record is the latter. Once I tuned into it, everything fell into place... as if it were meant to be. With a framework established, the songs were very easy to write. Things started happening in my "real" life that blurred the lines of what was fiction and what wasn't. The record turned out to be more than a just a record in scale, as you will see over time.

Part one is year zero. Concept record. Sixteen tracks. All written and performed by me, produced / programmed by me and Atticus Ross, mixed by Alan Moulder, mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner. Release date: April 17, 2007.

What's it about? Well, it takes place about fifteen years in the future. Things are not good. If you imagine a world where greed and power continue to run their likely course, you'll have an idea of the backdrop. The world has reached the breaking point - politically, spiritually and ecologically. Written from various perspectives of people in this world, "year zero" examines various viewpoints set against an impending moment of truth. How does it sound? You will hear for yourself soon enough, but given the point of this document is to provide information...

This record is much more of a "sound collage" than recent efforts from me.

A lot of it was improvised.

It is very tedious describing your own music.

It's not just music.

It's probably too long, but it felt like the right thing to do to paint the complete picture.

It will sound different after a few listens.

You can think about it and it will reveal more than you were expecting.

You can dance to a lot of it.

You can fuck to a lot of it (maybe all of it depending on what you're into)."

http://www.xtaster.co.uk/feature_detail.php?id=13688

Archived