IGNORED

Autechre and The Crazy Fanatic

triachus

A while ago (around the time Untilted came out) I read an interview with Rob/Sean in a Dutch magazine (can't remember wich one, sorry).

In that interview, the interviewer asked one of the guys about the craziest thing a fan ever did.

Rob (or Sean) became real uneasy about that question and didn't want to answer it at first. The reviewer insisted, and Rob/Sean agreed to tell the story, if the reviewer promised not to write it down or publish it. Apparently, the thing the fan did was so twisted, that Rob/Sean felt scared and sick for days. And if it was published, Rob/Sean was afraid that the fan might get more sick ideas in his head.

The interviewer was told the story, and confirmed it was rather crazy. But as he promised, he didn't write any of it down.

Now, what i want to know is

What the hell did that fan do?!

What did he do, to disturb such unhumanly emotionless robotic androids such as Autechre?

Anyone else heard about this? Or knows something more?

Does this fan happen to be on WATMM, and wishes to tell us all about it? Or would he be more of an That Other Site™ type of person?

Any speculations what he might have done? :undecided:

Guest Endoplasmic Reticulum
What the hell did that fan do?!

What did he do, to disturb such unhumanly emotionless robotic androids such as Autechre?

He probably threatened to steal their batteries. Or maybe to reprogram them to only make surf music.

But honestly, I don't think you're going to get the real story. It is interesting that AE have fans that would do something like that, but I could see how an unstable person could read crazy ideas from their songs.

Guest Morgan Dunn

what makes you assume that they are? anyway...

this is really fascinating news to me. i cant say im surprised, their music can be very...overbearing...at times. i could see a frenzy of some sort being instilled. im guessing something with self mutilation

Yes, apparently it was done to compare sensationalist reactions to Al Jezeera beheadings and faked Autechre leaks. :undecided: :confused:

it was done because it was fun as fuck to watch it grow and spread across the internet like wildfire with doing almost zero effort. the only comparison it has to my beheading video is that the fake beheading video enabled me to to realize how easy it was to propagate a massive hoax on the internet. Using other major events to dovetail a related hoax into is a great technique and i plan on using it frequently in the future.

and this crazed fan autechre talks about is not me, that interview was done long before sean booth knew who iwas.

Archived