IGNORED

new autechre this autumn?

Guest tht tne

Guest earlgrey
*wacks off freddeee to make a new thread about some pics of the new ae-albm he found on the web*

[edit]: sorry, it's your avatar

*wacks off freddeee to make a new thread about some pics of the new ae-albm he found on the web*

[edit]: sorry, it's your avatar

hey man, she belongs to me :angry:

i really think they need to go in a new direction with this one. confield was awesome. draft was pretty good. untilted had some definite brilliant moments on it but in the end i found it a bit dissapointing. the album cover didn't help, either.

i have no idea what they should do next, but i will say that the best thing they've done in recent years is the track Gantz Graf. I remember being so happy when i heard that, because i thought their new album would be full of stuff like that (more hard edged beat-driven regular tempo stuff yet perfectly fused with the off-kilter confield esthetic).

i would love an album full of Gantz Graf-esque tracks. I would also like to hear the melodies a bit more up-front in their stuff. it would be create if they would incorporate more acoustic instruments & vocals (abstracted but recognizable), just to take things in a different direction.

Guest burnibus

what i like about ae is tyhat you can't really guess their direction, they take me by suprise everytime and im looking forweard to that feeling if they make more material. as we all agree their live set is amazing and some of the tunes on their are so blissful and melodic combined with dark and brooding.

I heard the ae remix of surgeon for the first time the other day and it blew me away, its a seriously good remix and incredibly deft, loads of subtle things and warping twanging bass. More of this dancefloory stuff would suit just fine.

Big time. I don't mind what the hell they do, I can't wait for it. I would kill for there to be some of the live material incorporated. The openings of the Glasgow and Hemsby set are fantastic.

Autechre and Funkstrong were dubstep before dubstep

If Autechre released a box set of all their albums Id but it and I have bought all their albums already :-)

Guest Enter a new display name
i would love an album full of Gantz Graf-esque tracks.

This would simply good like a mess album... I also didn't like Untilted that much hence its great moment. Untilted sounds so weird compared to their previous stuff...

If we heard untilted in 2003 we would have be like no way in hell that is autechre. I like Untilted and I hope they continue in that direction at least for the next album. I think the new album is going to be an extremely refined version of their live set. That doesnt mean that it will be the live set, but I bet we will recognize plenty of it.

Gantz Graf was awesome. I always thought that Dial would not have been out of place on confield. But I think ae are into the hardwares for a bit.

Guest Renivatio
If we heard untilted in 2003 we would have be like no way in hell that is autechre. I like Untilted and I hope they continue in that direction at least for the next album. I think the new album is going to be an extremely refined version of their live set. That doesnt mean that it will be the live set, but I bet we will recognize plenty of it.

Gantz Graf was awesome. I always thought that Dial would not have been out of place on confield. But I think ae are into the hardwares for a bit.

Regardless dewd, it's going to be one helluva record....if they release one.

• 1 month later...
Guest earlgrey
Dear Autechre,

Please release a new album so we have more to talk about in the AE subforum on teh watmm.

GODDAMMIT AE, WHERE'S MY NEW ALBUM, THIS SUBFORUM IS DRYIN' UP

okay guys, i'm gonna write it here first: the new autechre album will be the same tracks (28 tracks, 2x cd) as new ulver album just with different mixing/mastering, autechre's version being more dancey/edgey and ulver's being more on the dubby/ambientish side. all the tracks were made in collaboration and both albums will feature garm on vocals, but autechre's mix not on all the tracks. albums will have totally unrelated titles but same tracknames. covers are supposed to hint albums' relation but that's unconfirmed.

it's funny, cause people are seriously confused for how long ulver and autechre have been collaborating, the common opinion is that lots of blood inside was actually produced by autechre and that Tore Ylwizaker contributed a good part of synth parts on untilted (and the vocal samples are by Garm). there are even rumors that suggest that some live acts/jam sessions with all 5 of the guys on stage took place in a club in oslo. but you can find some very autechre-ish moments in older, more electronic ulver albums, so who knows.

there, i've said it. oh, and - it's supposed to sound like really really really awesome, think more atmospheric untilted track meets teachings in silence ulver era.

Guest earlgrey
okay guys, i'm gonna write it here first: the new autechre album will be the same tracks (28 tracks, 2x cd) as new ulver album just with different mixing/mastering, autechre's version being more dancey/edgey and ulver's being more on the dubby/ambientish side. all the tracks were made in collaboration and both albums will feature garm on vocals, but autechre's mix not on all the tracks. albums will have totally unrelated titles but same tracknames. covers are supposed to hint albums' relation but that's unconfirmed.

it's funny, cause people are seriously confused for how long ulver and autechre have been collaborating, the common opinion is that lots of blood inside was actually produced by autechre and that Tore Ylwizaker contributed a good part of synth parts on untilted (and the vocal samples are by Garm). there are even rumors that suggest that some live acts/jam sessions with all 5 of the guys on stage took place in a club in oslo. but you can find some very autechre-ish moments in older, more electronic ulver albums, so who knows.

there, i've said it. oh, and - it's supposed to sound like really really really awesome, think more atmospheric untilted track meets teachings in silence ulver era.

av-3342.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :w00t:

Autechre and Funkstrong were dubstep before dubstep

If Autechre released a box set of all their albums Id but it and I have bought all their albums already :-)

i was playing some dubstep for my wife and she said "it sounds like they're rapping over autechre!"

we love us some dubstep though!

Archived