IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

Just like if Richard released total shite *cough*Smojphace*cough*, true music fans would ignore it as it being poor, unless they were a collector as well.

well while i rather like the actual track on the LP for what it is, i confess i've been at a record store 2-3 times with it there for $7 or less and never could quite pull the trigger.

unlike when i saw 2 remixes by AFX a few months ago sittin in the pile nad i was like "thank you jesus" cuz i had wondered on the way over if that could ever re-surface cuz i really wanted that 12

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I run a small home recording studio, and also offer mixing and light mastering services. I know my verb and im not an idiot. it makes the song sound silly. its like using synth presets found in fruityloops. nothing to do with creativity, it just wreaks of bad judgment, which rdj has shown not to have. IM sure he would use epic sounding reverb and delays through his whole career and then go and use a preset making it sound like it was recorded in a bedroom

Hi, you are an idiot.

yes fred, allow me to pile on:

this guy says that the track sounds like it was recorded in a bedroom.

given the material i've read by him, this guy isn't smart enough to make a wicked satire.

hello jon124, i would like to inform you that aphex twin is reknown to record in his bedroom, as i believe dating back to the vault days it was said that he didnt like recording anywhere other than his bedroom because it felt like work if he did it anywhere else.

so methinks a sound like its being recorded in a bedroom, what with a resume like yours, would make it a bit aphex-y.

but if he doesnt know sound by this point in the game, why he'd never know it... i suspect even in a bedroom he could make shit at-par qualitywise with most people wth low-mid range studios anyways. call it a hunch, or a lame belief in an idyllic figure whose mere presence spearheaded this very forum of which we troll.

rephlex has released stuff that sounds a lot like richard! what about that Headcleaner, Position Normal EP? (i still actually think this IS aphex....i know i know, but just LISTEN to it) what about astrobotnia - everyone thought that might be aphex before they knew differently... in fact, most stuff on Rephlex is a little bit aphexy...

methinks he'd get a bit of pleasure in slipping a few by the lot of the people who claim to be fans. althoi could see the ego working the formal way also tho

did any1 check out what anagrams can be made from the name/title?

Unforgotten acid hero

i'm going with this one, as this is the guy who did declare "come on you cunt, time for some aphex acid" well not technically, but he sure got the sample of it into one of his best-ever-tracks.

Software doesn't sound that good. Stop spreading lies. I bet he didn't even look at a computer making these. GX-1 solo? Like the Yamaha gx1

This is the original Dell GX-1 system I have:

System:       Dell GX-1 400+
Birthday:     Oct 19, 1998
Processor:    Intel Pentium II 400 MHz 
Memory:       128 mB
BIOS:         a10

O'RLY?

holy shit i thought i was the only one keeping it this real on the board. tho you gotta run 5.0 over 4.0 no doubt, you can still crank out what needs to get done with one of those.

Guest Glass Plate

any one mind hooking me up with this stuff? i would of bought it but i'm not shipping from england.

Im sure aphex could make the most amazing drill and spastic jungle stuff that everyone loved about his VST computer music, but have it be even more amazing with the amazing gear he has. He'll probably never go back to computer music, which is fine by me. I like the raw analogue sounds.

Im sure aphex could make the most amazing drill and spastic jungle stuff that everyone loved about his VST computer music, but have it be even more amazing with the amazing gear he has. He'll probably never go back to computer music, which is fine by me. I like the raw analogue sounds.

Now, what if he put his raw analogue sounds.... in the computer> Eh?

Cutting up the sounds changes the flow and the random nuances of analogue audio. Im sure he has done it and still does, but judging by his stickler attitude about analogue mixing and the subtle stuff different layers of analogue gear adds he won't do it solely.

Yeah, so, what we think was his laptop music might not have been either. Like the Bouncing ball delay was probably an eventide delay. Not a laptop delay. Maybe he never really liked computers for making audio except for using samples.

Yeah, ok an eventide is a computer, but not really in the sense as a PC. Its a dedicated hardware unit. With dedicated OS and CPUs programmed for a specific task and high end dacs. haha, newb..

I mean, I remember the "only laptop" culture of electronic music music in the late 90's that I think started with Aphex saying he only used laptops and computers in a couple interviews. I don't think its true. He has been known to fib in interviews. This is all meaningless. Just Trying to defend myself.

Yeah, ok an eventide is a computer, but not really in the sense as a PC. Its a dedicated hardware unit. With dedicated OS and CPUs programmed for a specific task and high end dacs. haha, newb..

thanks for the 3rd grade lesson in eventide hardware. it's still a bunch of DSP and code.

Guest Kibreg
i sure would like a pm bout now.

err... me too please? can't bother waiting till next week for mine to arrive :angry:

Archived