IGNORED

Analogue, 1970's, nintendo music.

Guest joshier

Guest Romhotep
Believe it or not, I do like that album, and the one that follows it, It's ambient emotional simplistic music.. I can relate to that.. again, in my above reply I might not be just 'getting' it.. I'd like someone to help me 'get it' if they can be kind enough to.

The point of minimalist works isn't to be emotional. For one it has to do with the ideas of commodity art and reductionism. Quit failing.

what?.. lol, what is up with you?.. Where did you get the idea that I think simple music has to be emotional?.. I said it's ambient emotional simplistic music, not emotional because it is simplistic.

Well, you defined those albums as "ambient emotional simplistic music," thereby indicating for you to appreciate them artistically they had to be all of those things, since you have lumped those attributes into a unified collective. Because let's face it, everything you've said, at least according to yourself, is that this is a discussion of a work's artistic merits, not whethere or not just you like them. You liking them is an indication of a work's artistic merit, according to what you have said, because apparently anything you do not like does not have merit. Thus by your expounding of why you like those albums, you are proving why they have this merit.

That said, quit failing, and go back to sucking daddy's shit covered dick.

You're over complicating things man, lol.

It's funny to read what you just said, but fuck that if you think I'm actually going to give you a reply to your babble.

I'm glad to see you give up on understanding because of the shit and dick in yr mouth.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest joshier
I'm glad to see you give up on understanding because of the shit and dick in yr mouth.
what is your problem?

Guest Romhotep
what is your problem?

Your ignorance stemming from yr inability to see around daddy's groin since yr face is buried in it.

I'd like people to hear a gx-1 solo cover from a classical stand point and still are able to truthfully say "Wow, I still quite like this"...

IF an orchestra could indeed even half reproduce the subtle discordancies, modulations and other nuances in gx1 solo

then i would love to hear that. Classical performances of electronica always leave me a little cold. Only Warp executives really like that sort of thing don't they? If i want to listen to classical music I will. What is the point of going to watch the symphonic cover squarepusher? Pretentious novelty crap for middle class "electronic music" fans that just helps to perpetuate the nonsense of the I in electronic music.

I like GX1 solo - i didn't have to convince myself that i liked it - I didn't consider it from a classical viewpoint and imagine how it would sound played on timpani and oboe. I didn't play it over and over until i had no choice but to like it. The fact of the matter is - it put a smile on my face for the duration of the song, on first listen. I love how the track grows into a genuinely beautiful discordant din, relentlessly driven along by the manic idiocy that can only come from those Analogue Nintendo 70's drum machines he uses.

last post

Guest joshier
I'd like people to hear a gx-1 solo cover from a classical stand point and still are able to truthfully say "Wow, I still quite like this"...

IF an orchestra could indeed even half reproduce the subtle discordancies, modulations and other nuances in gx1 solo

then i would love to hear that. Classical performances of electronica always leave me a little cold. Only Warp executives really like that sort of thing don't they? If i want to listen to classical music I will. What is the point of going to watch the symphonic cover squarepusher? Pretentious novelty crap for middle class "electronic music" fans that just helps to perpetuate the nonsense of the I in electronic music.

I like GX1 solo - i didn't have to convince myself that i liked it - I didn't consider it from a classical viewpoint and imagine how it would sound played on timpani and oboe. I didn't play it over and over until i had no choice but to like it. The fact of the matter is - it put a smile on my face for the duration of the song, on first listen. I love how the track grows into a genuinely beautiful discordant din, relentlessly driven along by the manic idiocy that can only come from those Analogue Nintendo 70's drum machines he uses.

last post

I wasn't saying that GX-1 has to be played on classical instruments.. I was pitching the idea.. because gx-1 is just basically (to me) random notes, it doesn't have any kind of under lining movement, it just starts and stops.. there's no kind of advancement or journey it takes you on...

That's why I'm quite frustrated.. All I can think of is aphex trying to release these tracks under the guise of 'hey man, check out my awesome 1970's analogue 60k synthesizer.. aren't you jealous?... checkout how it sounds.. better than VST bullshit'

well sure, it may sound better than VST instruments, but that's no reason alone to buy it..

I have alarms will sound album (a bunch of classical people playing some picked tracks).. some of them sound terrible, some good... I don't think any of them surpass the originals, but that's not to say they are all shit.

I just can't see what appeals to some of you guys who like GX-1... You mentioned why you liked it;

I love how the track grows into a genuinely beautiful discordant din, relentlessly driven along by the manic idiocy that can only come from those Analogue Nintendo 70's drum machines he uses.

well, I think it's quite clear you're having a laugh there, but I would genuinely like to know.

this thread is all LOL.

why do you care then you joshier dude. it´s not like he owes to you to make crapstacular music.

that retrig dude was reading this topic a minute ago. you may have hurt rdj feeelings asshat

Guest joshier
pics plz that retrig is rdj or fuck off

how is GORDO supposed to be able to give you pictures of rdj posting to watmm?.. I don't think GORDO is an undercover detective, though if he was, it would be funny to watch the under cover video.

Guest transfer
ok, I'd first like to ask who likes this kind of old, retro music..

For me, there's nothing worse than being stuck in the 70's and having only synthesizers and analogue drum machines making the samples, so you can start to understand why I dislike the analord series so much.

yeah i agree - its like how all classical music is rubbish cause they only have a few instruments and no awesome VST fx

Analord to me, is quite simply the same concept as you would see in day to day life, where people have a low self esteem, so in their best hopes they rise up the corporate ladder to buy some flash car and feel good about their selves and laugh at others to make them feel better.... the kind of situation where the actual car - being very expensive - doesn't make the driver a good one.. in fact, it makes him worse - with this new boost of confidence in him/her, they are able to make decisions faster without taking into account many of the normal factors they would usually take in.

This of course results in some flashy looking car, a terrible driver who doesn't give way, and practically fucks everyone off, including pedestrians, but is able to still make people go 'Wow, look at that beautiful car!'

C: Nonsense In Basic

I'm a loyal aphex twin fan, but I'm not some brain dead fuck wit who bows down to him sucking his cock after he's just been fucking some guy in the ass.

If it's shit music, it's shit music.

you're trying too hard here

and

it's not shit music

What led me to him in the first place was his skill, a genuine love for making music, and breaking new grounds in the electronic scene.

This new material isn't breaking any boundaries, it's not even pushing them slightly, it's staying well put and even going back in time some 10 years.

I'll watch all the deluded fan boys swarm around and convince their selves that it's good music, constantly reassuring their peers that they "enjoy it", rather, they are making their selves believe they enjoy it so they do.

you total fucking prick

Look back fan boys, what got you into aphex in the first place?.. was it because of his analord series?.. or EP's/LP's like Drukqs, Window licker and Come to daddy?

selected ambient works 1

Why did he make the tracks out of shit sounding samples?

oh dear

I really still find it hard to believe it's richard d james. - the man who gave us drukqs, window licker and come to daddy.

and selected ambient works 1&2 and UI and analogue bubblebath and polygon window etc

how old would you have been then....2 or 3?

hehe:) true........... he's been into analogue stuff for a long time (since he started most likely)..........Surfing On Sine Waves is what got me hooked.

Guest WWBJD

Only those who can afford a GX-1 should be allowed to listen to GX-1 and of course will also be the only people who can actually appreciate GX-1.

I'm still curious as to why "Nintendo" is in the thread title.. and why he thinks RDJ used samples on the Analord series.

Guest tht! tne
I'm still curious as to why "Nintendo" is in the thread title.. and why he thinks RDJ used samples on the Analord series.

equating old-quality video games with low-quality music

about the samples, i just don't know anymore

Archived