IGNORED

Why is Aphex not remixing Boc and Autechre or the other way round?

o00o

it makes me wounder - why didnt they remix each other when they are so close label mates

ok you could say they are too different but this would make an interesting mix as well

or is it just that they dont like the music of each other?

are there any statements in interviews about this topic i missed?

Guest tht! tne

maybe they are and aren't releasing it for whatever reason

or maybe they are and don't want to be pigeonholed as electronic music

or following rephlex's tuss tactics maybe they don't want the money it'd bring in, lol

maybe its also about not admitting some kind of honor to each other its like that noone wants to humble himself by admitting with a remix work that he adores or interferes with the others concept

like if they had an unwritten law that the others world has be keept untouched

cause besides they are on the same label and they play sometimes on the same event they dont interfere or interact with each other in any way

it just makes me wonder in what kind of way they interfere each other or what kind of relationship they have towards each other by doing this thing so long along each other also music wise

its like aphex always says he sees vibert as a mate but why not autechre or BOC?

are they just from a different "planet"?

Guest tht! tne

the kind of relationship they have is a special one

they sit around popping each other's cherries and poopdocking

i seem to recall reading in an interview that rich and ae exchanged some disks of samples back in 98 but it never went further than that

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

afx probably more interested in doing new trax than remixing

remixing == for money, labels pay him for the midas touch

autechre, boc do not need midas touch, do not pay afx, he does not remix

simple as

i think they likely to remix usually shit tracks and turn them into something good but the others tracks are good enough already.

richard devine said he thought come to daddy was a shit track so he remixed and made it better

in HIS opinion.

so they would understand a remix as offence

that makes sense and also covers with my information about aphex remix work

makes me also see the title "26 remixes for cash" in a hole different light

i always thought that cash refers to the term that you can buy it for cash and not that he kind of sold his skills to somebody

Guest tht! tne
it probably all depends. people do remixes as gifts, for money, or out of spite.

i want to hear some spite remixes

not v/vm though if that's the afx remixer sucker

Guest Rook
I seem to recall aphex not caring much for BOC and not really wanting much to do with them. probably same goes for autechre.

Someone in here told me that Aphex called Confield one of his desert island albums. I dont know what the source was though. I read an interview that said that Ae's favorite aphex tracks are digeridoo and dodecahedran

Guest Archrival
I seem to recall aphex not caring much for BOC and not really wanting much to do with them. probably same goes for autechre.

he said that BOC wanted to sign with rephlex but that he didnt think much of them...and he also said that Confield is one of the albums he would bring to a desert island, yes indeed.

Someone in here told me that Aphex called Confield one of his desert island albums. I dont know what the source was though. I read an interview that said that Ae's favorite aphex tracks are digeridoo and dodecahedran

Can't remember the source but I have definitely read that in an article too

Can't remember the source but I have definitely read that in an article too

Same here.

I read that he highly regards AE.

from my terrible memory i seem to remember he liked confield in one interview and said he didnt understand it in another.

edit: has joyrex but material on the front of watmm? maybe we could check this out.

holy shit i just got one of thoe 'must listen to confield' urges cos of your post. wicked.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
it probably all depends. people do remixes as gifts, for money, or out of spite.

i want to hear some spite remixes

not v/vm though if that's the afx remixer sucker

He has worked with avant-garde composer Philip Glass. Extreme noise terrorists Limp Bizkit and Slipknot want to work with him. He was cited as a major influence behind Radiohead's decision to change musical direction. He's even remixed a forthcoming track for Craig David. "A total aggro thing," says James, "just to fuck him off."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/friday_review/st...,563163,00.html

Archived