IGNORED

new release on the way

kaini

Am I the only one who would be disappointed by a box set of old material?

agreed, i'm just trying to find a way that a bocset could be appealing to me, "old tunes" on cd would be a major disappointment, imo

when people speak of a bocset, i believe they are usually discussing the release of the pre-twoism releases (hooper bay, acid memories etc.), not a cd release of old tunes.

right, why do people keep saying "I DON'T CARE ABOUT A BOC SET OMG" ... we'd finally hear their earlier stuff

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moebius
I would be 100% happy with the OT having a legitimate release... even if they released them on cassette! But the J cards would have to be colour...

"... since I already have them in black & white"

you enviable bastard! :cry2:

Guest Archrival
i reckon theyl sing on this album

me too

but they done it before tho, but I think on this album they will be more upfront and more human like the guitars on TCH...I mean guitars wasn't anything new for boards on TCH only the way the guitars was processed.

agreed, i'm just trying to find a way that a bocset could be appealing to me, "old tunes" on cd would be a major disappointment, imo

when people speak of a bocset, i believe they are usually discussing the release of the pre-twoism releases (hooper bay, acid memories etc.), not a cd release of old tunes.

fair enough, i'll amend my statement: "i'm just trying to find a way that a bocset could be appealing to me, pre-twoism releases (hooper bay, acid memories etc.) on cd would be something of a disappointment, imo."

i am interested in hearing old stuff, i'm just not going to be as excited as i would be if i found out that, say, they were releasing the cream of the outtakes from their generally available releases (including the otherwise unreleased stuff on boc maxima). i bet that the stuff you mentioned would be good, and if it were the kind of set you're talking about then i'd probably buy it, but i'd be prepared to be underwhelmed, that's all.

i reckon theyl sing on this album

me too

but they done it before tho, but I think on this album they will be more upfront and more human like the guitars on TCH...I mean guitars wasn't anything new for boards on TCH only the way the guitars was processed.

archrival please shut the fuck up.

but they done it before tho, but I think on this album they will use more tubas and sousaphones. i bet they will use more jew harps than on TCH.

I would be 100% happy with the OT having a legitimate release... even if they released them on cassette! But the J cards would have to be colour...

I think I'd pay 10-15 dollars for several cassettes of OT tracks in lush matte finish packaging - would you?

They got away with that momochrome pic on Hi Scores didn't they?

God I'd love to hear the rest of Acid Memories..... and I haven't even heard any of Catalogue 3

Guest lands end road

I really hope they start playing live again. It might be the only chance you get to see their video/film creations.

Guest Moebius

the only known legit portion of any of the stuff from the once-listed pre-twoism discography (e.g. Acid Memories, Closes Vol. 1, Hooper Bay and the like, but NOT the Old Tunes stuff) that anyone is known to have heard are the (originally realaudio) samples from the very old EHX Boards of Canada page. Which is to say,

• Duffy (Acid Memories)
  • Circle (Hooper Bay)
  • Wouldn't You Like to Be Free? (Play By Numbers)

the only known legit portion of any of the stuff from the once-listed pre-twoism discography (e.g. Acid Memories, Closes Vol. 1, Hooper Bay and the like, but NOT the Old Tunes stuff) that anyone is known to have heard are the (originally realaudio) samples from the very old EHX Boards of Canada page. Which is to say,
  • Duffy (Acid Memories)
  • Circle (Hooper Bay)
  • Wouldn't You Like to Be Free? (Play By Numbers)

Don't forget lavender trapezoids. TOTALLY boc. :angry:

Archived