IGNORED

So I bought Hello Everything...

oyster

..and I like it. (I know many would disagree with this opinion, maybe I just have bad taste? :tongue: )

Anyway, now that I've decided I like Squarepusher, I would like your help to know the next one I should buy.

Hello Everything is a laid back album, but if he has other things less laid back and more experimental/harsh that would be fine, I like Aphex Twin and Autechre's wild stuff so it wouldn't be a problem!

Thanks for your input.

..and I like it. (I know many would disagree with this opinion, maybe I just have bad taste? :tongue: )

I wouldn't, it's fookin' great album and possibly my fave of his. My two suggestions are Big Loada EP and Ultravisitor.

Big Loada is my favorite squarepusher. Ultravisitor is sick but the sound quality is stinky. Go plastic also rules. Worth it just for plaistow flex out.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

hard normal daddy is his best album.

or get go plastic; it's his craziest.

Guest AOOproductions
Hello Everything is a laid back album, but if he has other things less laid back and more experimental/harsh that would be fine

That mad me laugh. Everything he has done is more harsh and experimental than Hello Everything. I'm actually surprised you started with Hello Everything. But then again it does sample everything he's done pretty well. I think you should now start from the beginning with Feed Me Weird Things and move forward.

And saying you like Hello Everything doesn't make you a twat. In fact I think It's his most playful and fun release. Just because he didn't go on to create another new fusion of D n' B and Jazz doesn't mean it's bad music

Guest earlgrey
Feed Me Weird Things

get that first no need to read anything else in this thread

Ignore this post -^

You need Hard Normal Daddy, Big Loada (preferably Nothing Records full-length version), Go Plastic, and Ultravisitor. If you like jazz and want to hear Tom without the drill, you also need Music is Rotted One Note. Get the Venus #17 EP as well if it's still in print (?)

do what weetabix said. get FEED ME WEIRD THINGS

hard normal daddy might be a more coherent album, it even used to be my favourite. but Feed Me Weird things has more highs

Go Plastic & Big Loada. YESYES. Budakhan Mindphone for Iambic 5 Poetry

Buzz Cancer

Selection Sixteen

Go Plastic

Music Is Rotted One Note

Ultravisitor

Burningn'n Tree

Big Loada

Hard Normal Daddy

Feed Me Weird Things

That's the order I'd go with...

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

Anyway, now that I've decided I like Squarepusher, I would like your help to know the next one I should buy.

Hello Everything is a laid back album, but if he has other things less laid back and more experimental/harsh that would be fine, I like Aphex Twin and Autechre's wild stuff so it wouldn't be a problem!

Thanks for your input.

big loada

Guest Dirty Protest
Music is Rotted One Motherfucking Note

I'ld concur, but you dont want to scare him of too quickly, after Hello Everything he might be expecting tunes and shit :turned:

Archived