IGNORED

Underrated Aphex tracks

Guest dese manz hatin

ventolin is a fun ep, the original song is probably one of my biggest nominations, and my fav song on i care because you do.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rejected Ambient Works
Audax Powder

Gotta agree

It’s in my top5 Aphex tracks, it kicks ass

Others worth mentioning,

- curtains

- cow cud is a twin

- 73-Yips

• 2 weeks later...
On (Reload Mix) - I have been listening to this tune so much recently. Absolutely brilliant.

Yes, great track indeed, but don't forget it was done by Tom Middleton & Mark Pritchard...

The good answer was "On (28 Mix)".

On (Reload Mix) - I have been listening to this tune so much recently. Absolutely brilliant.

Yes, great track indeed, but don't forget it was done by Tom Middleton & Mark Pritchard...

The good answer was "On (28 Mix)".

Yeah the 28 Mix gets a lot of love here and there, but it does not appeal to me much

I did not realise that Reload were an actual musical duo, i just thought it was another one of Richard's mixes (like he did with Girl-Boy)

i'd say On the Romance Tip by Caustic Window (or Jedi, same song).

also, nanou 2. makes me weep. cause i'm a pansy.

Yep.

On The Romance Tip is possibly my favorite Aphex track. Got the best Aphex trademark mournful pad sound ever. He must have spent an age dialing up that patch to make it sound so good. I love the awkward title as well. Its like he wanted to admit its a love song dedicated to someone but got embarrassed and it came out all macho instead.

Jedi is a weak CW track imo, I feel it lacks progression and that it's not going anywhere.

Something needs to be added, like when Richard plays Heliosphan live he adds some layers and melody that makes the orginal

tune seem dated.

*puts on flameshield*

Guest Caustic

i never realised that there were little bells in the background of Xtal.

and i always thought the tape hiss was running water.

adds to the effect i suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

MfM, track 05

It's such a whoozy-minded, far-out song, like waking up in some David Firth-designed landscape and getting brained.

[tassels]

I imagine this is what it sounds like when you really (and I mean, REALLY) zoom into something organic.

[grey stripe]

It's shite on it's own, but makes for great BG music.

Plus Tamphex, the Ktpas, and the more emotional Analords.

• 10 years later...

I realize im reviving a decade old thread.. but I was searching another icbyd thread and found this insead.  And it seemed worthwhile to revive, as it got me to listen to a few tracks i hadn't listened to in ages.

and then, Cow Cud is a Twin finally just clicked for me!  I had always dismissed it as that song from icbyd with the loud intro, but the whole thing is total brilliance.  The laid back beat, room sound intro that invites you to speculate what was going on in the studio, the crunchy vocal sample, squiggly synths.  Now that Im fully paying attention to it all, I dont think I could think of any better track to follow up Alberto Balsalm.  Full on aphex having fun in the studio mode.

Archived