IGNORED

aphex twin on snl

Chris Moss Acid

Guest Caligari

Yeah guys, don't worry, I won't sue them. I'm busy producing my follow-up to the Smojphace EP and I don't want lawyerz and stuff bothering me in my vault.

Peace to all u haterz and kissy kisses

Rich

James also samples music himself.

Like that makes it better haha, and he doesnt sample that much really, not like shitmat anyway!!

yeah wtf is that?. why did the writer felt the need to add that?. what ever happened with fact checkers anyway?

It should read "James, who twiddles knobs and make bloopy musics, has an internet nerd fanbase ranking a 9.6 on the bizzarotron. Said nerds responded by creating dozens of lol type threads pointing out the NBC copyright infringement. Warpbot's posing as alias' Caustic, Josso, and Dr. Hat (all who are usually dismissed as hemeROYds by the rest of the nerd base) instantly raged a boner to their lawyers demanding financial attribution for the use of Warp material, and free use of the female members of the SNL cast. NBC declined comment on the second request."

Thinking back, I can't really come up with an Aphex Twin track that was made after 1995 that samples anything other than himself (barring the usual breaks that have been used millions of times, but who the hell is going to take everyone who samples the amen break to court?) or people he knows. Really before that, there are a couple of Caustic Window tracks that sample old movies.

Either way, I'm sure he doesn't give a shit.

Guest Caustic

Children Talking + Every Day (Both post '95, used the same record to sample from)

Mike & Rich had alot of sampled loops, I think.

I lol'd at the idea of a courtroom full of producers being prosecuted for using the Amen.

he samples willy wonka and the sound of music.

And whatever that song is "the flowers that bloom in the......"

And "are you one of those girls for which time stand still...."

• 2 weeks later...

"On September 29, 2007, Saturday Night Live ran a Digital Short Film featuring a parody song by Andy Samberg ridiculing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's statement during a speech given earlier in the week that there were no gays in Iran. The Digital Short was based upon a music sample of "Avril 14th" by Aphex Twin. NBC removed the link to the parody from their website as apparently Aphex Twin had not granted clearance to use the sample."

^^^wikipedia

• 3 months later...
"On September 29, 2007, Saturday Night Live ran a Digital Short Film featuring a parody song by Andy Samberg ridiculing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's statement during a speech given earlier in the week that there were no gays in Iran. The Digital Short was based upon a music sample of "Avril 14th" by Aphex Twin. NBC removed the link to the parody from their website as apparently Aphex Twin had not granted clearance to use the sample."

^^^wikipedia

This episode of SNL was just re-ran, with the Aphex Twin clip intact. WHAT? was this settled, does he now collect royalties on this now?

Archived