IGNORED

aphex twin on snl

Chris Moss Acid

i don't know if he got anything for it i have a feeling snl pinched it... aphex being in a genre that most of the population don't know exist and one of the music producers probably thought "no one will notice!"... i don't know for sure!

it was avril 14th...

He should sue and then offer to settle under the condition that he gets a half hour live set on SNL.

Maybe then we'll see the Tuss-Madonna collaboration that is predicted by the fourth law of thermodynamics.

• 2 weeks later...
October 7, 2007 -- THE latest skit-turned-video-cult-classic from "Saturday Night Live" is Andy Samberg' s "I Ran So Far," and it's burning up the Internet, bringing well-earned attention to the comedic talent - but it is also leaving NBC's legal eagles a bit red-faced.

It seems NBC never secured the digital rights to the background music used during the video and therefore couldn't up load the piece onto its YouTube channel or post it on its own Website.

In fact, the NBC legal team didn't even know it had a problem until after it sent the short along to YouTube - forcing it to hastily pull it down, according to published reports.

A satirical love song to Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, "I Ran So Far" uses a brief music loop, or sample, of the 2001 Aphex Twin song "Avril 14th." Aphex Twin, whose real name is Richard D. James, is a pioneer in spacey ambient and drum-and-bass music.

James also samples music himself.

NBC's digital rights snafu is particularly delicious because it comes after the network and other major television conglomerates bitterly fought YouTube over controlling video content. NBC was protecting its rights but now must follow the rules to protect itself from being sued by James.

Not having the video on its site likely cost the network tens of thousands of hits.

While NBC's very own legal department has stopped the "I Ran So Far" upload, it hasn't prevented independent YouTube users from recording and uploading the skit. It is still readily available on YouTube and one of the hottest views on the site.

NBC officials could not be reached for comment.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10072007/busin..._digital_ri.htm

Ha! so NBC have been pissing and moaning about copywirtten matterial and then they are forced to pull one of their own videos because of it so they wont get Sued by Richard

There.

I get none of the jokes in this video, dont know why alot of people like it.

Another thing i saw on some other sites "This band Aphex Twin should be greatful they are getting all this exposore"

Idiots

Guest Barricade

LOL i bet Rich doesnt give a fuck about this shite, hell i bet he doesnt even know. Hes got other stuff on his mind than suing NBC.

Guest analogue wings

I hate it how the media always says "[artist] sues some poor fuck".

It's NEVER the artist. It's ALWAYS the publishing company that owns 20% of the right s to the same songs and has lawyers on call for the specific purpose of suing uncleared users.

rdj afx snl nbc electronic music

he obviously created nbc and snl to alter brainwaves of the masses with secret messages about tripping balls with the president of iran

Archived