IGNORED

So, no more Aphex Twin?

Josso

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Enter a new display name
That's Wisp's house actually. lol

There is more than one electronic music inhabitant in Niagara Falls.

Guest hahathhat
That's Wisp's house actually. lol

There is more than one electronic music inhabitant in Niagara Falls.

do tell.

a friend and i were driving around the boonies of upstate new york smoking bowls, and we wound up there. i suggested we go see it, and my friend flipped a shit, claiming it was the shittiest tourist attraction ever and that he refused to go there a second time.

so we resumed normal activities.

contractions require apostrophes

i've heard ergot can trigger contractions

Don't confuse the n00bs, Fred - the bank was in London, near Hackney - 98 Stoke Newington was the street address, for anybody interested (see no problem in letting that go now since he's long since moved from there).

post-1-1193322631_thumb.png

The map pointer is not accurate, nor am I familiar with the area, but if I had to take a guess, the bank is one of the buildings in the lower left corner of the image on the left side of the road.

I'm a Londoner, and I think you're mixing the two different places he lived in London.

Hackney/Stoke Newington is in north London (north of the river) and he lived in a normal house there (I remember him talking in an interview about the other people in the street complaining about all the noise from his house) Presumably the '98 Stoke Newington' you mention was the address of that place. I think he lived there around the Hangable Auto Bulb - RDJ Album kind of era. I think this was also the place where he was flatmates with Global Goon.

Then he got fed up with the neighbours and bought a bank in the Elephant and Castle area in south London (south of the river). The bank had a soundproof vault that he wanted to use as a studio. Though apparently there were rats in the vault, which caused a problem, so I don't know if he ever got it sorted out in there. This was in the time between RDJ and Druqks. I think he lived there until quite recently, maybe a year or two ago?

I remember in an interview he said that it was near the Ministry of Sound club, because he said the queue for the club sometimes went past his building and he would drop stuff on them.

Ministry of Sound: 103 Gaunt Street Lambeth SE1 6DP

Elephant and Castle is quite a run-down area, there are lots of empty/little used office buildings there, and a really horrible shopping centre. But probably a good place to live if you're a reclusive musician.

I guess Scotlands even better though.

Archived