IGNORED

So, no more Aphex Twin?

Josso

Guest Enter a new display name
The bank was in London. He lives in Scotland now.

wtf? There was a guy on the internet (whom also posts here) saw him bearing a child in Cornwall a few months ago.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AOOproductions

WARP was paying Richard or "Aphex Twin" to release records for them. Its not like they own the name Aphex twin and ask RDJ to do music under it or something. It's his goddamn it!

Guest jacderida

there's an interview somewhere where he stated (as has already been said) that he was due to release something else for warp under the aphex name and they'd let it go after that and he'd be 'contractually' free to use it wherever else he wanted. i'm sure he said that even although he didn't like the stuff that was coming out on warp anymore and didn't want to release music there he still had respect for them being decent about that stuff. that's as opposed to warner brothers who he was contracted to in japan - who were making an absolutely huge fuss out of it claiming that they owned the name etc.

i think he said that he'd settled that stuff now too.

i definitely did read something along those lines somewhere :)

If his contract is up, he can do what he wants with his name... provided Warp doesn't have a copyright on it... same goes for the logo. I'm sure he's got copyrights and trademarks on both. Or whatever.

btw

Fred's post brought a tear to my eye, in a good way. Nice form! I haven't seen a post like that since....

keep in mind that this is the same RDJ that said he releases music only for money. before drukqs we didnt see a scrap of music for years, then came the break after analords and the tuss came the year after, i'm just hoping he doesnt decide to take another break without releasing anything. i need every scrap of music i can get from this guy!

Don't confuse the n00bs, Fred - the bank was in London, near Hackney - 98 Stoke Newington was the street address, for anybody interested (see no problem in letting that go now since he's long since moved from there).

98_Stoke_Newington___Google_Maps_1193322570446.png

Ironically, it was someone doing the exact same thing with MapQuest back in early 2000 that prompted Richard to initially contact me (he was "Adrian" on the messageboard, and was dropping subtle hints about AB5 being released at last and being the webmaster for richarddjames.com), asking me to remove the offending map. Good times.

The map pointer is not accurate, nor am I familiar with the area, but if I had to take a guess, the bank is one of the buildings in the lower left corner of the image on the left side of the road.

Guest rezpeni
The map pointer is not accurate, nor am I familiar with the area, but if I had to take a guess, the bank is one of the buildings in the lower left corner of the image on the left side of the road.

Yah it's the one in the bottom left corner.

Guest Caustic

So if he's moved out, would it be empty?

Somebody go on a mission to infiltrate the bank.

Rook, you're a Solid Snake kinda guy. Do it.

Archived