IGNORED

11-track disc better than the regular 20-track release?

Guest ComicMaster

Guest ComicMaster

I wonder if it would have better to release the bonus disk of the album Quaristice for what they originally released to be the bonus disk as their 2008 album. Honestly both albums are amazing, and the second one has this feel to it that it straight up was an album on it's own. It's "Versions" of the Quaristice tracks, and it really makes you appreciate the editing they must have done. Not saying that one is better than the other....they are equally awesome...

However the bonus disk is 11 tracks with an average of like, I dunno, the tradition 6 and a half minute Autechre song, whereas the original Quaristice was like 3-4 minute tracks and whatnot. I dunno, I thought that Quaristice was absolutely perfect until I heard the bonus disk. Now I don't even know what one was better

the bonus disk is 11 tracks with an average of like, I dunno, the tradition 6 and a half minute Autechre song

Which is why I prefer the 20 track album, in that it's something different.

Guest Chogg

Reasons why the 20trk album is better

Altibzz

Simmm

Paralel suns

rale

WNSN

Out9hx or whatever it's called

also, perlence and chenc9 are much less wanky, and fol3 is only a few minutes long, as it should be.

i think the original, 20 track edition is better, due to the format (something different), and tracks like simmm and a few others. if perlence range 3 and fol4 were on 1st disk instead of the originals, i'd be totally happy.

The bonus disk only is there for the tracks. I find its only there so I can enjoy the tracks for a bit longer at a time...let the jam go on for longer. But Quaristice as the album amazes me, the large amount of tracks makes it feel like a really fast moving and varied collection of tracks. Quaristice has so much to give...

Guest ComicMaster

Yes I think when it gets down to it I am very happy they did something different with the short track thing, however I _am_ saying that I bet the new album would have done just as well releasing the second disc as the main album if no one had heard the original. I think they are both excellent in their own regard. I feel the bonus disc is more like their prior three albums, but whether this is a good or bad thing of course....

Guest dangulberry

Releasing the second cd as the album proper would be like releasing an autechre album before they felt it was finished.

most of the 2nd cd tracks sound noodly - without much purpose. they are nice ways of getting a bit more out of Quaristice if one felt that the original was lacking in some way. For me, the 2nd cd tracks are mainly interesting in terms of what ended up on the original.

i wish they had done more radical departures on the versions disk, not just extensions, but totally remixed versions. still good stuff though, just was hopeing for more weirdness.

the only thing i don't like much is sondere-ix, reminds me of the cockney geezer in mighty boosh season 3... "EELS! EELS!"

sounds like they tidied down all of the best ideas for the regular album. the general quality of the tracks on disk 2 is not comparable to that of other proper autechre albums.

though i do like a more melodically developed 'PlclCpC'

Guest Chogg
sounds like they tidied down all of the best ideas for the regular album. the general quality of the tracks on disk 2 is not comparable to that of other proper autechre albums.

though i do like a more melodically developed 'PlclCpC'

Spot on :ok:

I also like the longer "IO", but yeah, definitely had an entirely new opinion of PlccllclcLcp after hearing it. It sounds like it could have been on Envane.

definitely had an entirely new opinion of PlccllclcLcp after hearing it. It sounds like it could have been on Envane.

I kind of agree, it sounds like parts of Chiastic run through an Untilted filter.

Archived