IGNORED

why is this forum so disturbing sometimes

Guest DavBrav

Guest DavBrav

A cursory glance at recent forum topics reveals threads grabbing at information about Sean Booth and Rob Brown's families and personal lives.

I just have to say, isn't that a bit...sick and discomforting...to anyone else?

I'm new here I suppose, so maybe I just didn't see this vibe from afar, but I've enjoyed the posts about Ae's patches, or doing neat things with their tracks, etc. Plus there's a great selection of bootlegs and rarities here.

But seriously, it makes me feel disgusted to even be on WATMM when there are so many threads trying to pry out every last bit of information about personal lives. Is it not possible to just get over the fact that Autechre (and every other act on WATMM, for that matter) are just people making music? And that, while it's cool to investigate that music, and how it's made, it's ridiculously over-the-line to be violating their privacy? Threads like that are just pure fanboyism, in the worst sense. It's just tacky and voyeuristic.

there are alot of teens here and around that time it's normal to become an obsessive fanboy. however, there are occassions where large amounts of video gaming and internetting can halt the persons mental growth and then become stuck in the obsessive fanboy phase forever.

Guest hahathhat
A cursory glance at recent forum topics reveals threads grabbing at information about Sean Booth and Rob Brown's families and personal lives.

I'm new here I suppose, so maybe I just didn't see this vibe from afar, but I've enjoyed the posts about Ae's patches, or doing neat things with their tracks, etc. Plus there's a great selection of bootlegs and rarities here.

But seriously, it makes me feel disgusted to even be on WATMM when there are so many threads trying to pry out every last bit of information about personal lives. Is it not possible to just get over the fact that Autechre (and every other act on WATMM, for that matter) are just people making music? And that, while it's cool to investigate that music, and how it's made, it's ridiculously over-the-line to be violating their privacy? Threads like that are just pure fanboyism, in the worst sense. It's just tacky and voyeuristic.

did you ever consider that it's half young kids that don't know anything, and half older kids sharpening their tounge-in-cheek wit?

hi sean

Guest burnibus

i agree. well said. here here.

i personally am interested in music and thats why i post here. If i was into peoples latest outfit or wedding photos id buy OK magazine.

Guest Rook

yea, I agree. I just noticed there is a thread for Rob's wedding pics? wtf?

Stick to the music plaz.

Guest hahathhat

if i'd seen the wedding photos thread before i posted, i might have posted differently.

Guest Rook

BOC is more like, "OMG I sawr a pretty tree today and it was a total BOC moment OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGO MGOOM!!!!! BOC, it's like they know what I'M FEELING OMGOMGOMGO MG!!!"

Autechre rules.

posting pictures that have been uploaded on flicr is ok I think

posting it here is just collecting what can be found online at a public place

these wedding picutres are no secret in any way

just accept that they are just normal people who also do have a live and no aliens on a spaceship

its like with the people posting they are disturbed by sean smiling

Guest Rook

I actually thought those pictures of Sean and Rob smiling while playing in the snow were pretty funny, and not at all disturbing that they were posted here.

Yeah, the BOC forum is about a million times worse. Normally I don't think it's too bad in here but I'll admit the wedding picture thread was a tad weird. Then again, think of the society we live in, voyeurism is chic.

"OMG, Brittany ate a burrito today. STOP THE PRESSES!"

Yeah, the BOC forum is about a million times worse. Normally I don't think it's too bad in here but I'll admit the wedding picture thread was a tad weird. Then again, think of the society we live in, voyeurism is chic.

"OMG, Brittany ate a burrito today. STOP THE PRESSES!"

how bout them dancin hardons?

there are alot of teens here and around that time it's normal to become an obsessive fanboy. however, there are occassions where large amounts of video gaming and internetting can halt the persons mental growth and then become stuck in the obsessive fanboy phase forever.

The obsessives on this forum are just as bad as on the BOC forum. But yes, i think its just nerdy teens who sit on the internet trying to find images and intimate details of their heroes lives. Its sort of cringey and tragic in a way. But you have to make allowances for naive people who havent fully developed mentally.

Guest DavBrav

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who's confused here. Yes, the wedding photos thread definitely set this one off - I understand that they are on a public account on flickr, but are they specifically tagged with "Autechre"? I haven't seen them (and do not want to), but it seems like whomever posted that thread would have had to do some significant digging to find those photos. That's all well and good if you're a reporter for US Weekly, and the photos are Jennifer Aniston streaking through a church, but, come now, aren't we above that here?

About the BoC forum - yes, I've noticed that. Personally, my favorite twitchy fanboyism there comes in the form of the multiple posts about people who are supposedly "insiders" with Hexagon Sun. Admittedly, there's more of a reason to be curious with BoC: they don't do many interviews, and there's a lot of mystery to their music. But still, come on, do you really think BoC aren't releasing a new album because of WATMM? Don't give yourself so much credit.

I guess I just especially don't get these threads about Ae. They release albums regularly, do copious interviews, and have never presented themselves as more than just two guys making music. I suppose celebrity obsession happens at all levels, then...

Guest Enter a new display name

WTF are you talking about that the BOC subforum is the worst place when that's about fanboyism? Read the Aphex Twin subforum, damnit. Everyone suspects a new The Tuss track everywhere and people know where Richard used to live.

Wedding pics? I didn't see them. Gotta search this.

Edit: Oh, lol.

i totally agree with you!

I don't care about the private lives of Ae, BoC or whoever any more than they'd care about mine. In fact, personally I feel that the less I know about my favourite artists the better; I've always liked a little mystique since I got into New Order when I was a mere 11 year old.

That said, I did post a comment about Sean Booth's Ae polo shirt a few days ago; it was a drunk post and I now feel rather embarrassed.

Guest DavBrav
That said, I did post a comment about Sean Booth's Ae polo shirt a few days ago; it was a drunk post and I now feel rather embarrassed.

look on the bright side - at least you were commenting on a promotional photo, unlike creepy wedding photos person.

Stick to the music plaz.

admit it, you had a look.

Guest Rook

Stick to the music plaz.

admit it, you had a look.

I did not

Archived