IGNORED

Unreleased Tuss Tracks

boris

cheers. I have this album but haven't listened to it properly!!

The other tuss that sticks out is the video with the dancing stick man -I can't remember the name either and also it's probably not rdj in any case ??

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been 7 years and no one has changed the title of this thread to "Fake Tuss Tracks".

Also rereading this thread I was a fucking bitch.

cheers. I have this album but haven't listened to it properly!!

The other tuss that sticks out is the video with the dancing stick man -I can't remember the name either and also it's probably not rdj in any case ??

Read the rules

boris, there was also 180db and probably more in cat189, which is believed to be rephlex account, so i recommend "Fake and unreleased Tuss tracks" name as a compromise :cat:

I agree with Mag. 180db is clear, and there was another from the dump although I don't have the name of it in front of my. Squishy something like that?

I know someone else claimed mug bass, but I have my doubts about that.

I agree with Mag. 180db is clear, and there was another from the dump although I don't have the name of it in front of my. Squishy something like that?

I know someone else claimed mug bass, but I have my doubts about that.

Noise fessed up to Mug Bass

Mug Bass was on the same MySpace page as the two confirmed RDJ tracks (180db and Squishy), so that's odd.

Yep, mug bass is EOD that he made specially for that account. Also there was teddi oggy from Wisp. And some other tracks, including richards. My guess that it's just rephlex having fun - "hey, people, guess from all myspaces which is real, and after, from that myspace, which is afex". People thought 180db is vibert lel.

edit: but other tracks could be afex for all we know. or not.

Guest bitroast

there was a soundboard recording of an aphex live set that had 180db in it. can't remember the name of the set but it had heaps of stuff that wasn't released at the time.. fredulgon 6 maybe? and 3 note con. juss pointing out that 180db in good quality doesn't necessarily equate to it being official :)

Mug Bass was on the same MySpace page as the two confirmed RDJ tracks (180db and Squishy), so that's odd.

Yep, mug bass is EOD that he made specially for that account. Also there was teddi oggy from Wisp. And some other tracks, including richards. My guess that it's just rephlex having fun - "hey, people, guess from all myspaces which is real, and after, from that myspace, which is afex". People thought 180db is vibert lel.

I think 180DB is Vibert. I think it's the track vibert is referring to in that one interview where he said aphex stole a track of his, drums etc, without crediting him,.

I think 180DB is Vibert. I think it's the track vibert is referring to in that one interview where he said aphex stole a track of his, drums etc, without crediting him,.

oh yeah, right, i remember that interview! here is that part:

Q: Since we're talking about Aphex, what can you say about his last album? Do you like it?
A: Yes, I really liked it. Aphex, though didn't played it for me before release, and for his other friends, too. I got the impression that he was ashamed to play it to someone. We used always to play the new songs to each other. It's hard to be Aphex twin, it's quite harder than to be a Luke Vibert. People always expect something incredible from Aphex Twin and for me they don't expect anything, and therefore I can do whatever I want. Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums. I was very angry, so I decided no longer work together. Although we are still good friends, of course.

but one thing actually bothers me. They worked on track together, and 6 moths later he heard it, track went to new aphex album and wasnt credited. considering 180db was made in 2005-2007, and syro was released in 2014, i don't think he actually means 180, cause it's 7-9 years, and not 6 months or so. I think he talks about tuss or analords material, or even earlier, tbh. It's just the confusion because he first talks about syro, and then about making tracks together, and then about "ofex stole my bass"

yeah it could be pun :happy:

i remember reading one viberts interview, and he said something "i like early afex, but then he lost it for me"

after i read richard interview from same era, where he said "i like early vibert, but then he lost it"

atm i thought they were just giggling at each other, as old friends...

they could be dead fucking serious ofc :fear:

oh yeah, right, i remember that interview! here is that part:

Q: Since we're talking about Aphex, what can you say about his last album? Do you like it?
A: Yes, I really liked it. Aphex, though didn't played it for me before release, and for his other friends, too. I got the impression that he was ashamed to play it to someone. We used always to play the new songs to each other. It's hard to be Aphex twin, it's quite harder than to be a Luke Vibert. People always expect something incredible from Aphex Twin and for me they don't expect anything, and therefore I can do whatever I want. Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums. I was very angry, so I decided no longer work together. Although we are still good friends, of course.

but one thing actually bothers me. They worked on track together, and 6 moths later he heard it, track went to new aphex album and wasnt credited. considering 180db was made in 2005-2007, and syro was released in 2014, i don't think he actually means 180, cause it's 7-9 years, and not 6 months or so. I think he talks about tuss or analords material, or even earlier, tbh. It's just the confusion because he first talks about syro, and then about making tracks together, and then about "ofex stole my bass"

Yeah I think he's probably referring to Produkt 29 here instead, drums + bass sound very Viberty.

Archived